D 1 Class AAA Region 7 pick the top 4

WhereYouAt

20 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

They’ve got an incoming freshman that is good.

Maybe it will be a chance to change their style. They always seemed content to walk it up and play half court. I thought they had enough players to run a lot more. When they were forced to run the floor they seemed to get winded quick. Only once I think last year did they score more than 70 points and over 60 twice with a lot of their contest being in the 30s and 40s. Just hard to win much in AAA and not scoring. Diggs girl is a handful. If their Coach can ever get in her head and just have her play and not get side tracked with other stuff during a game, she could be very good and with some help Hardin County could make noise.

Edited by OrangeGuru

• 1 month later...

Finally got a look at Skyler Gill at Arlington's play day yesterday (saw her in AAU) and let me tell you guys, get in Hardin County's gym at least twice this season to watch her. I think she's the closest thing to former Haywood standout Jamirah Shutes. And she shoots it much better. She's definitely made her claim as a top 10 player in the area, and if Hardin County gets one more kid to consistently give them some scoring, look out.

Edited by dmm88

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, dmm88 said:

Finally got a look at Skyler Gill at Arlington's play day yesterday (saw her in AAU) and let me tell you guys, get in Hardin County's gym at least twice this season to watch her. I think she's the closest thing to former Haywood standout Jamirah Shutes. And she shoots it much better. She's definitely made her claim as a top 10 player in the area, and if Hardin County gets one more kid to consistently give them some scoring, look out.

Gill is definitely a handful. Physically and skill wise she is very good but that's never been an issue. Past seasons in high school ball she has been more interested in being an intimidator and did not look to score often enough. Liked to stay around free throw line or top of key area and shoot. Definitely has a nice shot. She also liked to hang back on D to block shots. Seemed to be always right for a good lift fake. Always thought if she took her physical style and drove the ball she would be almost unstoppable. Focus always seem to be issue. Liked to listen to crowd. Coach had trouble at times getting to play and control temper. Always seemed to get T'ed up. Conditioning seemed to be another issue. BUT... if she has finally put it all together, watch out, she is going to be a monster. Certainly hope so because will be fun to watch. And a quick word about watching a game in Savannah at Hardin County. Its got to be one of the funniest and best atmospheres I've been to in West Tennessee. Loud, entertaining , crowd gets into it big time, good halftime shows, boys coach is a hoot to watch and just a good place to visit.

Edited by OrangeGuru