Heritage puts it's 20 game losing streak on the line at Seymour

BarneySox2007

I watched the replay last night on Diamond Clear to see just how bad Heritage really is and it was 37-0 at halftime to a team I really didn't think was that much better. I didn't even want to watch the second half even though most of it was in mercy rule until Heritage scored late in the game twice. I seriously doubt Heritage could go 2-8 if they were in 1A and that schedule would have to have Cosby, Red Boiling Springs and Sunbright to even pull that off.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, Indian said:

Heritage should be allowed/forced to go to 5A. If they lose consistently for another 4 years against 5A teams go to 4A. Doubtful they’d eventually square off with Cosby but their current situation does them or opponents no good.

same for Cumberland County, others.

A few years ago, before Heritage's best coach left for Maryville, before their best player "moved" to Alcoa before his senior year, Heritage was actually competitive in 5A. That coach leaving, coupled with it being open season for transfers in TSSAA, effectively killed Heritage's football team, and the transfer rule has or will destroyed others across the state. 

If you're going to allow open transfers then accept there are haves and have-nots and make a super division. But that wouldn't work because it would certainly include smaller schools like Alcoa and if they didn't win there'd be complains so nothing will change and we're stuck with kind of joke football in the state of Tennessee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Blame the kids father on that one. Goes and rents a house in Alcoa and gets In Like Flynn. The coach was a surprise to me but I can say without a doubt his coaching was needed more at Heritage than Maryville and I'm sure his loss can be felt.

At this point I don't know if it matters? I don't think Rankin, GQ, or any other coach could fix the disaster that is Heritage football. 

1 hour ago, HHSFB10 said:

At this point I don't know if it matters? I don't think Rankin, GQ, or any other coach could fix the disaster that is Heritage football. 

One with a football mindset would think if the Kerr Boy's and the Price Boy's could go and blow air into those two cadavers (Union County & Campbell County) and bring them back to life that Heritage could be saved also. Take some doing but it would have to be a young coach with some get up and go to do it.

22 hours ago, abetee said:

A few years ago, before Heritage's best coach left for Maryville, before their best player "moved" to Alcoa before his senior year, Heritage was actually competitive in 5A. That coach leaving, coupled with it being open season for transfers in TSSAA, effectively killed Heritage's football team, and the transfer rule has or will destroyed others across the state. 

If you're going to allow open transfers then accept there are haves and have-nots and make a super division. But that wouldn't work because it would certainly include smaller schools like Alcoa and if they didn't win there'd be complains so nothing will change and we're stuck with kind of joke football in the state of Tennessee. 

Creating two super divisions would be a simple solution to that problem. One with smaller schools and one with bigger schools.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Creating two super divisions would be a simple solution to that problem. One with smaller schools and one with bigger schools.

TSSAA needs to do something. 36 games from last week in East TN were won by more than 3 scores. TSSAA needs to create more competitive regions. Not trying to pass the buck, schools and school systems need to be more responsible for building competitive teams as well. But, I think the TSSAA can aid in the process. No reason for Heritage to play Maryville or Bradley. 

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

From 2001-2007 WB had a 7 game winning streak over Bradley Central. It started in 2001 -  WB 40, BC 8. It ended in 2007 -  WB 41, BC 2. WB thumped them for seven straight years. Now look at Bradley. 

And your point is? That was 11 years ago, it has not effect on what's happening now.