Peabody @ Union City

FightingBlue0

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

Okay, I was a little miffed last night. Not because we were getting beat by a superior team. I made my statement and I stand by it. I just want to say congratulations to Peabody and the fans and friends I have made on the T. I can't see any team beating you. I was offensive in my comments and I apologise. Good luck to the Tidemen the rest of the way. Just keep doing what you do and you will see another championship

Sir you are a great guy !!! We all get heated in the moment !!!! I cant honestly say it wouldnt have ticked me if if roles reversed !! I still see a playoff run for yall !! 

2 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

We did win state in 2017 made it to quarterfinals last year so still one of best programs in west TN. Peabody is phenomenal right now. Smaller schools definitely go through cycles. Right now we are a little down but still going to compete hard every Friday night. Our FB did go for 188 yards last night against the best D we’ve played all year. I think they’ve only had 14 points scored on them all year. Their O is unstoppable. 

2 hours ago, TennReb31 said:

Congratulations to you Peabody guys. I knew yall were good and last night you proved it. I dont think anybody in 2A will touch you. As to the question upstairs of what has happened to us, we just are having a year or 2 of rebuilding time. We still have good players, but we don't have the dominating overpowering ones we have had. So, the methodical clock eating time grinding drives don't happen as consistently as they have in past. They still happen just not as consistently. 

Thank you guys for the kind words. We still have a lot of games to win and they have some good teams in the east. I sure hope we can win another championship 

Edited by Tide21

18 hours ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

I went to this game with a buddy who coached for a long time. Before Peabody kicked the onsides, he predicted it. Then it happened! Like Swo, I didn’t think it was a good move. My buddy said if Union City would just play the game and quit kicking onside kicks, Peabody would sub and play the game straight up. I actually agree with him and understand why the coach did it. He wasn’t running the score up. He was trying to end the game, get his starters out. Union City made it difficult because they kept kicking onside kicks. I now agree with the decision. For Union City, if you feel the game was over, then you need to quit kicking onside kicks too.

Excellent post

11 hours ago, GATNA said:

I wasn't at the game and don't know the outcome of the Peabody onside kick or how aggressively Peabody's players pursued the ball. But I'm going to have to disagree with Mr Bigswo's and others evaluation of said onside kick. I am pretty sure most are misinterpreting the reasoning behind the kick. Coach Bowling's teams have onside kicked the ball many times over the years while being up BIG. None more than the 2014 team. We all know what kind of team that was. The reason, I believe, is to give the opposing team favorable field position. An act of Mercy, if you will. You can disagree with me or not, but that is my interpretation of that type of onside kick situation.

That is the most ridiculous  post I have ever read.  Wow!

7 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

We did win state in 2017 made it to quarterfinals last year so still one of best programs in west TN. Peabody is phenomenal right now. Smaller schools definitely go through cycles. Right now we are a little down but still going to compete hard every Friday night. Our FB did go for 188 yards last night against the best D we’ve played all year. I think they’ve only had 14 points scored on them all year. Their O is unstoppable. 

UC will go deeper than you think in the playoffs.  They are a really good keep away team.  You got to be discipline.  188 is the most we have given a running back in two or 3 years.  UC

7 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Okay, I was a little miffed last night. Not because we were getting beat by a superior team. I made my statement and I stand by it. I just want to say congratulations to Peabody and the fans and friends I have made on the T. I can't see any team beating you. I was offensive in my comments and I apologise. Good luck to the Tidemen the rest of the way. Just keep doing what you do and you will see another championship

Thx Swo

14 hours ago, GATNA said:

I wasn't at the game and don't know the outcome of the Peabody onside kick or how aggressively Peabody's players pursued the ball. But I'm going to have to disagree with Mr Bigswo's and others evaluation of said onside kick. I am pretty sure most are misinterpreting the reasoning behind the kick. Coach Bowling's teams have onside kicked the ball many times over the years while being up BIG. None more than the 2014 team. We all know what kind of team that was. The reason, I believe, is to give the opposing team favorable field position. An act of Mercy, if you will. You can disagree with me or not, but that is my interpretation of that type of onside kick situation.

You are an obvious troll. Let me explain something to you. My son is best friends with the kicker for the 2014 team. So I know the kid very well. In fact I spoke with him today about this very thing. On side kicks. This kid held the record for the most points scored by a kicker in all classifications. He also kicked off for us. He said we never did an onside kick while being up big. So you sir, are wrong.  Im only saying this to prove that you are a KNOW NOTHING.