Fullton att tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

22 hours ago, Red81KPsmash said:

I understand the rule, but it is amazing that Josh goes to Powell, and then all of those players end up at Powell. As I said, I am all for school choice for any reason. Fulton and others have taken advantage of and broken these rules for years, so I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest. Powell is just the latest.

Bingo, every time the word recruiting comes up the same name follows and it’s Josh Jones. I’m not saying the freshman they have are illegal, although a couple of them making public announcements via social media of school decisions is absurd, but I believe that another player who nobody is talking about was illegally recruited to come there....regardless of where he lives. 

9 minutes ago, HTV said:

Again, that saying about pointing fingers needs to be mentioned.  

Glass houses.  

Look HTV I know where your going. But answer me this. Why is his name always brought up? Same guy every time? If there’s nothing going on, why? You know me and know I’m a pretty level headed. But all this I’m seeing on here and hearing elsewhere and especially when the same name is brought up every time makes me question what’s going on. 

Edited by chsbobcat09

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Also game prediction is Maryville-42  Fulton-7. Not enough in the tank for Fulton to hang with them for 4 quarters.

I don't think Fulton can score a touchdown unless it is against the JV team. Maryville's point total can be as high as they want it to be. However they usually call off the dogs in the fourth quarter.

17 minutes ago, HSfootballan said:

I don't think Fulton can score a touchdown unless it is against the JV team. Maryville's point total can be as high as they want it to be. However they usually call off the dogs in the fourth quarter.

True, but as you said they usually call off the dogs. That’s why I made the prediction I made. No secret that Fulton ain’t Fulton anymore. 

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Look HTV I know where your going. But answer me this. Why is his name always brought up? Same guy every time? If there’s nothing going on, why? You know me and know I’m a pretty level headed. But all this I’m seeing on here and hearing elsewhere and especially when the same name is brought up every time makes me question what’s going on. 

His name is not the only one who is mentioned in those circles.  

Look - I am really not at all close to the Powell program right now.  I've been to one game there in the last three years, and I haven't talked to any of the coaches there face to face in over a year.  I've texted a time or two with a general congratulations on wins, but that's it.  Matt doesn't need me to defend him.  

They have turned it around quickly.  They have had some out of zone students come in who have been immediate help.  So did Central when they made their big improvement when Bryson was hired.  Kids wanted to play for Bryson.  Kids want to play for Matt and his staff, too. 

Every school in Knox County has a "contact" person who is a middle man in conversation.  Every last one of them.  If you don't believe that you are either kidding or lying to yourself. 

1 hour ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Matter of fact he was Rollin with central last year he is a bandwagon fan htv now Powell winning he left central went to powell I bet when Fulton was winning he was Rollin with them go halls red devils

I was "rollin" with Central?  What are you talking about? 

I know Bryson.  I like him very much.  I also know a lot of other coaches because of my involvement in broadcasting for most of the last 25 years.  

But I was hardly "rollin'", whatever that means, with anybody.  

I live in Powell, I did play by play for the radio station that carried Powell from 2002-2013.  My son played at Powell.  I've also done play by play for stations that did a game of the week broadcast, South-Doyle football, and Maryville High Football.  To call me a bandwagon fan just shows that you are tying to talk about something you have no knowledge of.  

Edited by HTV

OK, serious question here for those accusing Powell of "recruiting":

What are you claiming that they are doing to get kids there?  

Do you think somebody is offering money?  That's just insane.  This isn't big time college football. 

Does Powell have a "booster" who is offering jobs to parents?  Powell doesn't have an Alcoa Aluminum or Union Carbide plant to do that with like some schools did in the old days.  

Are they blackmailing families in to sending their kids to Powell?  Again, complete delusional thought.  

Parents and kids don't go out of zone unless they want to.  Nobody is forcing any family to send their kids out of zone to a school that they don't want to send them to.