Who will Challenge Powell in 5a?

keepitmoving

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya Powell def. needs to clean up the penalties.  Most of there penalties are on extended plays for holding by the line.  I believe they can correct this though. 

This Powell team is similar to the 2011 Powell team that made it to Cookeville in that regard.  That 2011 team was talented enough to be able to overcome it.  Hopefully this team is able to deal with those penalties, too.  

Like I said, you just hope it doesn't come back to bite at the worst time.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Lol unbelievable. How does that even happen? 

I watched some of the game on Diamond Clear Media, and it was pretty rough. SD had tremendous field position for most of the night, thanks to some terrible punts, but they couldn't do anything with it. SD had multiple missed FGs and turnovers deep in Seymour territory, but I don't know exactly how many times they came up empty. Kudos to the Seymour defense for keeping them out of the end zone!

1 minute ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Penalties is one thing but Seymour???  Wow and actually thought they would be the one to give Powell a taste of defeat..... Has to be something going on at SD.... Somethings up... This is crazy...  

Yeah, I still don't know how that one happened. I don't think I saw Seymour pick up a first down that wasn't aided by a penalty flag. Their offense isn't much.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

It's being reported that Elijah Young was ejected for targeting in the 1st quarter. That explains a lot.

You are right that would explain a lot. I have really come to like that kid and expect him to be big time in college. Oh, the reason I began to respect his game is from reading and watching him on 5StarPrep. Shout out to 5Star's talented crew.