Covington @ Milan week 7

CHARGERFAN

25 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, I too think that the TN High School Football Database is no longer active. If it is, I don't know where to find it. If somebody on Coach T knows what happened, I would be interested. Please respond.  

There was a thread concerning the High School Database site that drew quite a bit of activity last year, but I could never get any of the links that were suggested to yield any significant information. 

https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/256355-tennessee-high-school-football-database/&tab=comments#comment-3868795

Im looking forward to seeing this game. Ripley held Covington to the fewest points all year in 34. Lets you know what kind offense they have that the fewest ALL YEAR is 34 scored. These guys are explosive and can score in many different ways. What I find even more impressive is the stingy defense they have. They are physical, fast and disciplined. That's a great recipe for high school football. If Milan might be better on anything it's the kicking game. You will see how good Milan's defense is this week against a stout Covington team. 

Covington wins going away this week. I really hoped that Milan, SG, Westview, McNairy, or someone would give Covington a run this year. I thought this was the year Milan would get them, but I just don't see it happening. I am honestly getting sick of going that far west to watch them play. I guess I could stay home during the playoffs, but I love to watch good high school football. 

5 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Covington wins going away this week. I really hoped that Milan, SG, Westview, McNairy, or someone would give Covington a run this year. I thought this was the year Milan would get them, but I just don't see it happening. I am honestly getting sick of going that far west to watch them play. I guess I could stay home during the playoffs, but I love to watch good high school football. 

South Gibson will be the one to give them a run for they money 

46 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

South Gibson will be the one to give them a run for they money 

I just don't see it. I have seen them both play this year and Covington, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above SG. SG is good, don't get me wrong, but the defense of Covington makes them a special team. 

9 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Saw in the Milan paper that Pettigrew doesn’t think this years Covington team is on the same level as last years squad?

Well if you are talking offensively, I would agree. The offense they have this year is good, but very young. They still have a Mr. Football finalist in the backfield who can take it to the house on any carry. 

Their defense is light years better than last year, or even the year before that if you ask me. I have seen them play twice now and their defense has been unbelievable each time. Just look at what they did to Westview.......

I would say overall, last years team was probably better, but then again they took one of the best teams in the southeast to the final couple of minutes in the state championship game too. Pretty hard to compare year to year, but I think their defense this year would have given their offense last year some fits. 

1 hour ago, concernedbobcat said:

SG will not even get close to scoring with Covington.  McNairy hff as a terrible defense and hung with SG. Covington will beat SG by at least 3 TD's.

I guess that's why they play the games. 

If SGC would have converted a field goal early in the contest they would have beaten them last year. Also If we would have converted a 2 point conversion at the end we would have won the game as well. 

I by NO means take anything from Covington. They are the real deal and SGC will have play a perfect game if they want to have a chance to win the game IMO. But I do not agree they are 21 point favorite over SGC. 

In regards to the McNairy game. For some reason that is not really explainable to me either team could clearly be the better team and the game will still be close. Every single time we have ever play the bobcats we have a played a close game. 

2 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I just don't see it. I have seen them both play this year and Covington, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above SG. SG is good, don't get me wrong, but the defense of Covington makes them a special team. 

Also, the only team that Covington has played this year with a winning record is Westview and Munford ( both are 4-3). Westview has proven NOT to be the state title contender some pinned them as being early in the season. 

There is still a lot of football left to be played. Covington has yet to play the meat of their schedule. They have Milan, SGC, and McScary left to play. 

Lastly, I think Covington is favored to win all of those contests. Covington could also lose all 3 of those.