Dobyns Bennett Indians vs. Jefferson County Patriots 2019

DBGRAD70

18 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

All thiz tawlk abowt Mairvul iz way preemature......We mite knott evun maik tha playofts....We're beet upp and haiv our hands full........:huh:

:blink:

You know as well as I do that Maw Stars is work'n overtime to get them boys healthy with her fine food from the Cocke county hills.

Edited by DBGRAD70

4 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Caiped crewsaider this iz oft tha top ov my haid.......1969, 1974, 1980, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996.....:popcorneater:

Hard to believe with the way things have been for the several years down there.Before my Devils got it going,it was a lot worse then the Maryville down times.I think it was about 1998 before Greeneville ever got past the second round.Maryville did win a few championships before those average years.Never know when things are going to go south with even the very best programs.One thing is for sure,you guys can tell stories for decades to come if it does happen again.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Through the first 5 games DB has outscored opponents 193-33 (avg 39-7).     And you guys are worried about Farragut???

I would hope that DB has learned from the past and won't be looking ahead to Farragut. But what I can't figure out is why you keep trying to fire up the Farragut players and coaches which is all your doing by making these post. All you have to do is look back at this past Friday nights game between Maryville and Farragut to know that Farragut will be tough to beat. Farragut will be by far the best team DB has faced this year. But first they have to get past Jefferson Co.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I would hope that DB has learned from the past and won't be looking ahead to Farragut. But what I can't figure out is why you keep trying to fire up the Farragut players and coaches which is all your doing by making these post. All you have to do is look back at this past Friday nights game between Maryville and Farragut to know that Farragut will be tough to beat. Farragut will be by far the best team DB has faced this year. But first they have to get past Jefferson Co.

Farragut will be by far the best team DB has faced this year.  ~  I completely agree with that statement.    And I get not looking ahead, but all teams and coaches do that no matter what they say to the media and to each other.     I just think that after seeing DB absolutely destroy everyone in their path so far there is no reason they cannot be 9-0 by Alcoa time, and will have to be considered a threat in the playoffs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Farragut will be by far the best team DB has faced this year.  ~  I completely agree with that statement.    And I get not looking ahead, but all teams and coaches do that no matter what they say to the media and to each other.     I just think that after seeing DB absolutely destroy everyone in their path so far there is no reason they cannot be 9-0 by Alcoa time, and will have to be considered a threat in the playoffs.

Let's just do it right and fire up everyone.Imagine the old Batman show in the 60s where the words would pop up during fights when you read this.If DB can continue to *"Destroy"* teams including Farragut,might as well say 12-0 going into the Maryville game because Alcoa will just Be a small *" Bump"* in the road .Wait , Maryville had a hard time with Farragut so *"Shoot"* ,forget the Maryville game because 13-0 going into the Oakland game doesn't sound that hard either.*"Dang"*,I'll just go ahead and get the DB team pictures and add State Champs with them because it's a *" Done deal "* !! 

53 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Let's just do it right and fire up everyone.Imagine the old Batman show in the 60s where the words would pop up during fights when you read this.If DB can continue to *"Destroy"* teams including Farragut,might as well say 12-0 going into the Maryville game because Alcoa will just Be a small *" Bump"* in the road .Wait , Maryville had a hard time with Farragut so *"Shoot"* ,forget the Maryville game because 13-0 going into the Oakland game doesn't sound that hard either.*"Dang"*,I'll just go ahead and get the DB team pictures and add State Champs with them because it's a *" Done deal "* !! 

Now we're talking, if you are going to dream then dream big!

3 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

:wacko: …. Okaaaayyyy …. :roflol:

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

:wacko: …. Okaaaayyyy …. :roflol:

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Now we're talking, if you are going to dream then dream big!

5 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Alright I'm on board. I'll even take care of setting up hotel reservations in Cookeville for everybody. Just send to me $200. each and I'll take care of the rest. 

15 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Alright I'm on board. I'll even take care of setting up hotel reservations in Cookeville for everybody. Just send to me $200. each and I'll take care of the rest. 

I'd like to see DB do it before Batman dies and it would be well  worth a couple hundred to see it happen. There are several east Tennessee teams that will have a shot this year but I'd say the first fan base to already have reservations is most likely in Alcoa.I think it's much more undecided for the Day that 4A and 6A have to play on. That's because there are multiple 4A teams in the east and I think a huge hurdle in the 6A semi finals for Maryville or whoever is good enough to challenge them.For myself,I always pull for the east and that is almost always Alcoa in 3A.Love those Rebels if they make it as well.In 4A,nomatter if its my Devils , Elizabethton , AC,or whoever comes out of the east, I'll pull for them as well.

2 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'd like to see DB do it before Batman dies and it would be well  worth a couple hundred to see it happen. There are several east Tennessee teams that will have a shot this year but I'd say the first fan base to already have reservations is most likely in Alcoa.I think it's much more undecided for the Day that 4A and 6A have to play on. That's because there are multiple 4A teams in the east and I think a huge hurdle in the 6A semi finals for Maryville or whoever is good enough to challenge them.For myself,I always pull for the east and that is almost always Alcoa in 3A.Love those Rebels if they make it as well.In 4A,nomatter if its my Devils , Elizabethton , AC,or whoever comes out of the east, I'll pull for them as well.

Welcome aboard Batman.  We will need that support in Cookville... ;)