Houston County @ Riverside

@38320

39 minutes ago, @38320 said:

I wasn't too surprised when Houston Co. came out and had a good drive and took a 6-0 lead. I thought they would hang with RHS in the first half and RHS would pull away in the second half. Didn't happen. Down 13-3,  Riverside got the ball first in the 2nd half and went 3 and out. HC increasingly took control in the 3rd qtr. and the RHS offense never could seem to get on track. It was 20 to 10 deep in the 4th and Houston Co. scored 7 with 43 seconds to go. I think they should have taken a knee, but I know they have had football frustration over there for forty years and don't really blame them for tacking one one. I think the Waverly-Houston Co. game will be for the region championship and I would take the Irish at this point. Waverly has been whipping up on them for years and this is going to be Houston Counties' chance. Houston Co. is the fastest team I have seen in 2A in a long time. They don't pass much but they run sharp routes and the qb can fling it. My hat's off to the Irish for beating my favorite team fair and square. I wish them the best from here on into the playoffs. Trader Two said it best the other day when he said this is not your ordinary Irish team. Forward men...........looks like we will have to hit the road in the first round of the playoffs this year. 

I thought it was funny that you all put 40-0 on that scoreboard before that game. 

32 minutes ago, @38320 said:

When your coach has the highest winning percentage in the history of Riverside High School from 1965 to the present, you can take a bad night ever once in a while. When your coaching staff has won several playoff games, you can be patient with them as they continue to work with the boys to meet these goals. The hardest thing about coaching is putting up with the parents, who think they know it all because they have watched football on the couch for a few years. 

I know from Coaching  if your planned  scheme is not working you have to adjust and they did not hats off to Houston County they were ready we were not plain and simple 

Edited by Pantherpride45
Spell

On 9/15/2019 at 9:21 AM, FightingBlue0 said:

@vandyfan1 is Houston Co a potential team that could push a deep playoff run from your side of the bracket? I don’t know anything about them so I was hoping you might could shed some light. 

On 9/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, tradertwo said:

They're better than that. They have decent size, some speed from one of the backs, and the QB is pretty good once he settles down. He threw everything high until just before the half, but was on target from then on with some good touch on the ball. Defensively they are pretty good too... if they are suspect, it's in the secondary. They aren't going to shut out a good offense, but they will make you work for what you get on the ground. Good possibility that they are the second best team in the region, and if Waverly is off on that night...

23 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I asked earlier in the year about Houston Co when they were 3-0 & everyone talked like I should be crucified for even mentioning Houston Co. Riverside talked like they would walk all over them & it would not even be a game. So seriously, is HoCo a good team that people need to keep their eye on now?

Not everyone :wink:.

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I asked earlier in the year about Houston Co when they were 3-0 & everyone talked like I should be crucified for even mentioning Houston Co. Riverside talked like they would walk all over them & it would not even be a game. So seriously, is HoCo a good team that people need to keep their eye on now?

Looks like they are the team to beat. Waverly better take them seriously 

1 hour ago, HCalumnia11 said:

You may not have, but the people that were controlling that Scoreboard lastnight did. 40-0 is what yall beat us by last year. 

Think the score was 49-0 but regardless it could of just been a mistake. Congrats on the win u control your own destiny for a region championship