FORREST AT SUMMERTOWN

GeneralForrest

Somehow we drew the unlucky straw and get to travel there TWO straight years. It's a trip to the 1600s. Their fans resemble "Pa" in The Rifleman". 

In lieu of bleachers, you are welcome to back your flatbed in and sit in the back of it. It's disgraceful. North Koreans have it better than visiting fans. 

The "parking lot", i mean l  took a pic. This is from last year's game. 

Image result for parking in tall grass

Pretty sure you’re just trying to elicit a response so.... 

Just so you know we’re proud to be country. But as country as we are there’s not much difference between us and Chapel hill folk. I mean we’re only about 60 miles apart and we’re all Tennesseeans. You act like you’re used to playing ball in Beverly Hills rather than Chapel hills. I went to the Forrest game last night and parked behind the home side bleachers. Weren’t no pavement or painted lines there either, just grass.

We have recently added bleachers to the other side of the field so no more watching from the truck bed. And I bet our field looks a whole lot better in our fifth varsity year than Chapel hills looked in their fifth varsity year.  You mentioned The Rifleman so you’re probably old enough to remember the early years of Chapel hill football. If you’re too good for our humble facilities maybe you should just stay home, Candy!!!

How bout you congratulate a community on starting a football team and building a program for the athletes that get left out of baseball and basketball. Without football there were a lot of boys that missed out on the  experience and camaraderie of extra curricular sports. Those boys are why we have built this field. Humble beginnings give way to championship teams. We may not be there yet but just look at Summertowns performance in other sports and you may just realize that we do know how to win. It’s just a matter of time before it happens in football.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship though... come on down, sit in the bleachers, eat a grilled burger, and reminisce your younger years when you attended the first few seasons of Rocket football. Please forgive us for asking you to park in the grass and also forgive the bathroom facilities. We’re trying to raise the money for real bathrooms. Slowly but surely.

Oh and congratulations on yalls awesome season!! One of my best friends has a boy playing for yall... #65. I I was proud to get to watch him last night and proud y’all stomped Lawrenceburg.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Jpd73 said:

Just so you know we’re proud to be country. But as country as we are there’s not much difference between us and Chapel hill folk. I mean we’re only about 60 miles apart and we’re all Tennesseeans. You act like you’re used to playing ball in Beverly Hills rather than Chapel hills. I went to the Forrest game last night and parked behind the home side bleachers. Weren’t no pavement or painted lines there either, just grass.

We have recently added bleachers to the other side of the field so no more watching from the truck bed. And I bet our field looks a whole lot better in our fifth varsity year than Chapel hills looked in their fifth varsity year.  You mentioned The Rifleman so you’re probably old enough to remember the early years of Chapel hill football. If you’re too good for our humble facilities maybe you should just stay home, Candy!!!

How bout you congratulate a community on starting a football team and building a program for the athletes that get left out of baseball and basketball. Without football there were a lot of boys that missed out on the  experience and camaraderie of extra curricular sports. Those boys are why we have built this field. Humble beginnings give way to championship teams. We may not be there yet but just look at Summertowns performance in other sports and you may just realize that we do know how to win. It’s just a matter of time before it happens in football.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship though... come on down, sit in the bleachers, eat a grilled burger, and reminisce your younger years when you attended the first few seasons of Rocket football. Please forgive us for asking you to park in the grass and also forgive the bathroom facilities. We’re trying to raise the money for real bathrooms. Slowly but surely.

Oh and congratulations on yalls awesome season!! One of my best friends has a boy playing for yall... #65. I I was proud to get to watch him last night and proud y’all stomped Lawrenceburg.

I love the area over there and would much rather park in grass than sit in traffic on the way to a game. I plan to drive over early and spend the afternoon. What restaurants do you recommend?  Your football program has improved every year. Not every Forrest fan will give you bulletin board material. 

43 minutes ago, Jpd73 said:

U win the "T" imo today !! Amazing classy post !!! Kudos 

35 minutes ago, Salem said:

I love the area over there and would much rather park in grass than sit in traffic on the way to a game. I plan to drive over early and spend the afternoon. What restaurants do you recommend?  Your football program has improved every year. Not every Forrest fan will give you bulletin board material. 

Shaffer’s Texas barbque!!! Can’t go wrong! It’s not really a restaurant tho... more like a deli off the side of a meat market. It’s not pulled pork though. They have beef brisket and smoked sausage along with other meat selections and sides. It’s all ready and served when ordered so no wait. I’ve never heard anyone say they didn’t like it. You won’t be disappointed! Here’s a link for their segment on Tennessee crossroads.

1 hour ago, Jpd73 said:

Chin up... we've recently been there. I sympathize with you completely, about your facilities, but don't take the General's comments literally, he went so far overboard that I thought it was funny without even being distasteful, let alone mean. If the community wants it badly enough it will be done eventually, and I know that Summertown supports their teams.

Congrat's on just having football, that was the thing that took the most work... the rest came hard, but the harder things are to come by, the more appreciated they are.

23 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

(no one has explained why we have to go there two straight years)

omg lighten up people. it was humorous. we have a tractor pull for goodness sake. we win the redneck award of all time.

i did get my hands on a pic of the visitor bleachers...GREAT WORK GUYS

Image result for pick up trucks in field

I’ll explain it to you. It’s the way your coach had to schedule it so that you had 5 home and 5 away.  We are going to union city at their place 4 years in a row. Just the way it had to be scheduled so it all fit together 

11 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

TY TT. These sensitive people on a message board. 

Hey, the officials used to call our field "the cowpasture"... our visitors side had no bleachers...our bathroom facilities were nice though, two brand new porta-potties!!!

We made fun of ourselves more than others did, and it made us determined to do better… we still don't have the nicest in Tennessee now, but we're also still building, and very proud of what we have done so far.