MCMINN VS LOUDON

Infamousfootballfan

1 hour ago, OldCharger said:

Prayers for the young man injured in Central's JV game. #3 Freshman. Lifestar flying him out to UTK

Prayers for the young man. Who were they playing? I seen where someone was asking, did someone get hurt at the field in Decatur, that’s why I asked.

4 hours ago, HasBeenHero said:

Any update on how he is doing?

The Central JV player was released from the hospital last night and is doing fine.  Central Middle School also had one carted off the field against Meigs Middle.

Pretty dismal showing by Central football over 5 days playing against Meigs. The Meigs Varsity, JV, and Middle School (game called at halftime) teams beat the Central teams by a combined score of 122-12.

14 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

The Central JV player was released from the hospital last night and is doing fine.  Central Middle School also had one carted off the field against Meigs Middle.

Pretty dismal showing by Central football over 5 days playing against Meigs. The Meigs Varsity, JV, and Middle School (game called at halftime) teams beat the Central teams by a combined score of 122-12.

I was thinking that as well. Not good. Not good at all. 

53 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Yes.  Could be the future is just continuing to be bright for Meigs.  The hope is though, that these kids playing will continue and develop by weight training and player development.

Did they combine the youth football programs too? I know the so-called Middle School has kids playing from the Etowah, Englewood, and Mtn. View elementary schools, but wasn't sure about the youth programs.
There used to be a lot of bitterness and bickering between the Englewood and Etowah youth football programs, so I hope the marriage of the programs is going well.

3 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Did they combine the youth football programs too? I know the so-called Middle School has kids playing from the Etowah, Englewood, and Mtn. View elementary schools, but wasn't sure about the youth programs.
There used to be a lot of bitterness and bickering between the Englewood and Etowah youth football programs, so I hope the marriage of the programs is going well.

Yes, combined across the board. For the most part going well. However, there were some parents who didn’t like it and took their kids elsewhere. The result is the second age group up has only 14 players.  How do you combine two programs and only have 14 players?  Oh well, there’s one in every bunch. 

3 minutes ago, BBG1 said:

I think it is crazy that etowah fans are talking about the Meigs game in this thread, but they wouldnt even show theirself last week

It is Central fans... not etowah as you keep gouging... Times are tough right now and really nothing to discuss. Meigs has a fine team and a little humility would be welcomed... but alas, it is Meigs, Dayton, Bledsoe Co, Bradley Co, McMinn Co and wherever else you got players from so I don't really expect any of that at all.