MCMINN VS LOUDON

Infamousfootballfan

2 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Davis used to dominate Meigs every year at Polk. Central doesn't have the players. Turn on the film from Friday and you will see. The talent gap is wide.

Lets not pretend that Meigs was good then.  EVERYBODY used to dominate meigs, not just Davis. 

34 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Starts in the wieght room in the off-season. Got to find away to get those multi-sport atheletes to lift wieghts during the off-season. 

This coming from a Central player: "there is no weight program. We can work out if we want on our time but Coach Davis says Playing football makes you stronger"

10 minutes ago, Prahs said:

Lets not pretend that Meigs was good then.  EVERYBODY used to dominate meigs, not just Davis. 

The stretch from 08-13 we were bad. Other years we were average and never beat them. Only beat them once in 06 that I can recall. I don't think it's a coaching thing. Had they gone in a different direction and hired Vestal they'd be 2-4 at best. If Goodin had stayed they'd be 2-4 at best. If Tom Landry was there they might be 3-3.

Turnovers have been the story of the season. It kept Tellico and Polk in the game and handed Sweetwater the game. On the 3yd line at Meigs....etc. 

They're in the toughest 3 game stretch of the schedule with all undefeated state ranked teams. 

They have injuries piling up. Starting OT, 2 starting linebackers, and a starter at corner. 

Effort is there but the kids seem to be mentally weak. They let things snowball. 

They lift weights regularly. They watch film on all the teams and are consistently well prepared. They are also weak physically. Other teams are stronger. All fixable over time. Season is not over. 3 winnable games left and playoff potential. 

5 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Turnovers have been the story of the season. It kept Tellico and Polk in the game and handed Sweetwater the game. On the 3yd line at Meigs....etc. 

They're in the toughest 3 game stretch of the schedule with all undefeated state ranked teams. 

They have injuries piling up. Starting OT, 2 starting linebackers, and a starter at corner. 

Effort is there but the kids seem to be mentally weak. They let things snowball. 

They lift weights regularly. They watch film on all the teams and are consistently well prepared. They are also weak physically. Other teams are stronger. All fixable over time. Season is not over. 3 winnable games left and playoff potential. 

I thought Central started out strong, but when they turned it over at the 3yd line, it was like here we go again, and some of the effort went with it. JMO

• Like 1

Such doom and gloom from some Central fans here. I can see why after getting beat by 62 and 54 the last 2 weeks. There is still a chance to be 5-5 and possibly 6-4 if Loudon was to look foward to next week's bye and not show up. I think Loudon wins easily, but the last 3 can be won for Central. If that is the case (5-5), Central would be looking at a playoff game. There is a lot of season left, just have to keep working.

59 minutes ago, Prahs said:

This coming from a Central player: "there is no weight program. We can work out if we want on our time but Coach Davis says Playing football makes you stronger"

You are wrong. That is something you made up or came from a "quitter". You just a hater anyways.

The strength and conditioning program has been lacking for awhile. There will be an improvement over this winter. Coach Davis only took over in May. Lots of things to get done in a short amount of time this past spring. If you had any clue about Central football, you would know there are many obstacles for a Head Coach to overcome and it takes more than 5 months. Coach D has worked his butt off with facilities, fund raising, installing new schemes and changing a "culture" of losing. 

Everybody knew this stretch would be very tough. We were forced to play McMinn...Could have played Sequoyah........Sweetwater- Turnovers......One we let get away.......

4 minutes ago, 10Redskin said:

Such doom and gloom from some Central fans here. I can see why after getting beat by 62 and 54 the last 2 weeks. There is still a chance to be 5-5 and possibly 6-4 if Loudon was to look foward to next week's bye and not show up. I think Loudon wins easily, but the last 3 can be won for Central. If that is the case (5-5), Central would be looking at a playoff game. There is a lot of season left, just have to keep working.

Thanks! See you Friday Night

Been some good Loudon-Central games over the years.