MCMINN VS LOUDON

Infamousfootballfan

14 minutes ago, elhosel said:

It is Central fans... not etowah as you keep gouging... Times are tough right now and really nothing to discuss. Meigs has a fine team and a little humility would be welcomed... but alas, it is Meigs, Dayton, Bledsoe Co, Bradley Co, McMinn Co and wherever else you got players from so I don't really expect any of that at all. 

:thumb::roflolk:

2 hours ago, elhosel said:

It is Central fans... not etowah as you keep gouging... Times are tough right now and really nothing to discuss. Meigs has a fine team and a little humility would be welcomed... but alas, it is Meigs, Dayton, Bledsoe Co, Bradley Co, McMinn Co and wherever else you got players from so I don't really expect any of that at all. 

None from Bradley that I’m aware of. One moved in from Indiana, though, and I heard someone say we had one move in from another state the other day. 

17 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Pretty dismal showing by Central football over 5 days playing against Meigs. The Meigs Varsity, JV, and Middle School (game called at halftime) teams beat the Central teams by a combined score of 122-12.

I’m really surprised at the lopsided scores: oh wait no I’m not. 

16 hours ago, BBG1 said:

I think it is crazy that etowah fans are talking about the Meigs game in this thread, but they wouldnt even show theirself last week

The fact that I have not missed a game for 8 years and only missed two this year shouldn't matter. Just messing! I listened on the radio and most people that do not have a student playing still follow, but have other responsibilities.  The reason some are talking about Meigs is, in the context of the conversation, they are the ones asking some questions.  I am blue through and through.  I hope nothing but success for the program.  I am proud my boys loved football and gave all they had for the program.

Marc Davis

Edited by logcabinman

On 10/1/2019 at 8:25 PM, elhosel said:

A little bit jealous? What would it matter where kids are originally from if their family moves to that county?  Oh, did you forget that one of the best players McMinn Central ever had transferred to McMinn Central FROM Meigs County, after playing a couple years at Meigs? Probably just slipped your mind. :roflol:

11 hours ago, hohmaster said:

A little bit jealous? What would it matter where kids are originally from if their family moves to that county?  Oh, did you forget that one of the best players McMinn Central ever had transferred to McMinn Central FROM Meigs County, after playing a couple years at Meigs? Probably just slipped your mind. :roflol:

The young man was a great ball player.  That team was one of Centrals most athletic teams ever.  If they were playing under this regional structure, they would have had a chance to have made it all the way to the finals.  Back then the TSSAA had 3A-4A structure.

48 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

The young man was a great ball player.  That team was one of Centrals most athletic teams ever.  If they were playing under this regional structure, they would have had a chance to have made it all the way to the finals.  Back then the TSSAA had 3A-4A structure.

Back then they were still in the old 3-3A which had 9 teams. It was just before the Z Plan. They got beat by those teams from the Nashville area that were always really good. I remember Meigs won that region in '06 and played their #4 seed and lost and were just absolutely outmatched. Those were the most talented Central teams I can remember seeing, with the '14 team being in that mix as well.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

That was an awesome time @ McMinn Central. B Derrick had a great team with excitement around the program (even pulling in talent from Meigs). The stands were always packed even around the fence. Hated to see him leave. IMO program went down hill after that. Had one successful year right after he left with new coach but under achieved IMO, they should have went further. Hopefully the new coach from Polk Co. can get that back. 

• Like 2