Cosby comes to South Greene

RebRebReb

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

We have 4 round ballers that came out this year. 3 seniors who have never played but are helping us out a ton. 

We have both hands full this week. SG looks like the real deal on film!

Good news again!

Were these round ballers once year 'round basketball players that decided to play a lil FB? Did they have starting positions on the basketball team? If so, and they're freed to play FB also, that's got you headed in the right direction.

Yea, SG looks tuff! Looking forward to meeting up with em

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

Good news again!

Were these round ballers once year 'round basketball players that decided to play a lil FB? Did they have starting positions on the basketball team? If so, and they're freed to play FB also, that's got you headed in the right direction.

They are all starters on the Basketball team. New Basketball coach has really encouraged his guys to play other sports. They all seem to really like football too and are glad they are out there.

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

They are all starters on the Basketball team. New Basketball coach has really encouraged his guys to play other sports. They all seem to really like football too and are glad they are out there.

Good to hear! It makes a world of difference having some athletes lol smaller schools need their best guys to play multiple sports. Cant stand a coach encouraging specialization. 

34 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Good to hear! It makes a world of difference having some athletes lol smaller schools need their best guys to play multiple sports. Cant stand a coach encouraging specialization. 

So true, I thought it was just a huge problem in Greene County but it must happen everywhere. 

2 hours ago, old24eagle said:

Good to know you now have a coach that will encourage playing multi-sports and not punish good athletes that choose to play other sports as well nor favor those that play only the sport they coach

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

+1,000

59 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Should be this way always!

"Should"....But not the case, behind the scenes, in a lot of programs 

30 minutes ago, GCFB said:

So true, I thought it was just a huge problem in Greene County but it must happen everywhere. 

No doubt about it....Not sure why some basketball coaches want & favor year around players.

In most cases, a football athlete that can also play (let's say) basketball is tougher and stronger on the court having played football than a "year around" hoops player....Look at state tournament studs every year, college and pro studs also, most played multi-sports and those usually include football.

Edited by uknoit2

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Good news again!

I think it’s great that basketball players also play football. Some coaches frown upon the multi sport athlete—always worried about them getting hurt. But I spoke with a D1 athlete, old school Lady Rebel and her son has been just a basketball player but this year is also playing football. She said she was amazed at how much better he was when he played  in a 3 on 3 tournament after not having picked up a basketball in a while.  I firmly believe a kid can benefit from playing different sports and working different muscle groups and continuing to work on footwork or body positioning. Especially at a small rural school, coaches need to share the athletes and support the kids’ physical developments. 

3 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

I think it’s great that basketball players also play football. Some coaches frown upon the multi sport athlete—always worried about them getting hurt. But I spoke with a D1 athlete, old school Lady Rebel and her son has been just a basketball player but this year is also playing football. She said she was amazed at how much better he was when he played  in a 3 on 3 tournament after not having picked up a basketball in a while.  I firmly believe a kid can benefit from playing different sports and working different muscle groups and continuing to work on footwork or body positioning. Especially at a small rural school, coaches need to share the athletes and support the kids’ physical developments. 

And all will say that, but that's not how a lot feel about it....Makes no sense to me