Cland at the creek

THE KING

17 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I was recalling our 1993 game at HV. It was a blood bath!  Both teams were ranked in the top 5 of their respective classification.  We beat each other up so bad, we barely finished the season. 

It would be nice to have some of these games on film from the 90's. My memory is not what it once was.

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

You're not gonna get it from me :-D

Not a very good story is it King, Doubt anyone else is willing to tell the real story.  I know what happened and so does several others. Coach White don't deserve  to be slandered and if I were him,I'd clear the stories in the Star and Press. Was gonna make a kid run ,kid went off and said things NO coach would tolerate, Coach dismissed him from the team.  Several players were threatening to quit, so they canned the Coach. Its not a very difficult story. I have zero reason to make stuff up.Star and Press both reported he was dedicated to the team and would finish the season. That story didn't fly very long. Moral of the story ,when you do things the wrong way,you can't expect good results. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Yea they did

Although I do think Hampton quit on defense for a spell. Stopped the same plays ,all at once they moved it like a hot knife going through butter,then we decided to stop them again. They were tough to run on but you could tell thats what they came to do, good thing Hampton can do it both ways. Still an impressive win.

21 minutes ago, pujo said:

Although I do think Hampton quit on defense for a spell. Stopped the same plays ,all at once they moved it like a hot knife going through butter,then we decided to stop them again. They were tough to run on but you could tell thats what they came to do, good thing Hampton can do it both ways. Still an impressive win.

You are correct on all accounts. There were quiet a few times that I couldn't figure out what in the world we doing on D! But when we decided to play every down, well, like you said, we shut it down