Cland at the creek

THE KING

Just now, orngnblk said:

Geez old Coach Satterfield let us have it all the time and the words werent pretty.Didnt kill none of us.I think we have a bunch of soft people in this world now.Mommies and daddies need to stay out of it and let the coach coach,we used to have a team rule what happens on the field stays on the field (within reason of course).If the kid is being physically abused thats a different matter.Having harsh words well heck they are gonna hear worse.Not a big fan of cursing but it happened from time to time.Still have a TON of respect and think of him like a father figure.Thats just me tho.

Agree.

6 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Geez old Coach Satterfield let us have it all the time and the words werent pretty.Didnt kill none of us.I think we have a bunch of soft people in this world now.Mommies and daddies need to stay out of it and let the coach coach,we used to have a team rule what happens on the field stays on the field (within reason of course).If the kid is being physically abused thats a different matter.Having harsh words well heck they are gonna hear worse.Not a big fan of cursing but it happened from time to time.Still have a TON of respect and think of him like a father figure.Thats just me tho.

I would think cussing is an issue but when you do and how it’s done as a coach. Would you tell your QB to just run the F’n play in a game in front of the whole offense. Kids aren’t going to play for you. Mentally they will quit.

6 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I would think cussing is an issue but when you do and how it’s done as a coach. Would you tell your QB to just run the F’n play in a game in front of the whole offense. Kids aren’t going to play for you. Mentally they will quit.

Times are sooo different now.Ill just say this we didnt read that much into it.Should you say that?No.but i will say this football is an intense emotional game and things get said in the heat of the moment,Let me ask you this--Why was the kid questioning the coach if he said do it THEN DO IT!like i said somethings need to stay on the field.Kids know if the whine or complain things happen.Like i said its my opinion im 49 years old and im very old school about football it wasnt made for girls or pansys.

21 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Times are sooo different now.Ill just say this we didnt read that much into it.Should you say that?No.but i will say this football is an intense emotional game and things get said in the heat of the moment,Let me ask you this--Why was the kid questioning the coach if he said do it THEN DO IT!like i said somethings need to stay on the field.Kids know if the whine or complain things happen.Like i said its my opinion im 49 years old and im very old school about football it wasnt made for girls or pansys.

I agree. If you were a coach would you tell a kid to run the F’n play or would you say don’t question what I call. If you do it again you will be sitting the next offensive series out.

4 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I agree. If you were a coach would you tell a kid to run the F’n play or would you say don’t question what I call. If you do it again you will be sitting the next offensive series out.

No i would say if you dont want to do what i say go sit with the Cheerleaders cause i dont need you.But thats just me.:thumb:

50 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

EVERYBODY on here knows me and the type coach I was but no curse words ever came from my mouth....Years ago I told one of my elementary teams that what happened in the huddle stayed in the huddle (because I had a couple just there to cause trouble)...Well one of em went and told ole daddy what I said that and it was ON Lol.

So, you just never know 

7 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

EVERYBODY on here knows me and the type coach I was but no curse words ever came from my mouth....Years ago I told one of my elementary teams that what happened in the huddle stayed in the huddle (because I had a couple just there to cause trouble)...Well one of em went and told ole daddy what I said that and it was ON Lol.

So, you just never know 

Your parenthesis said it all!

15 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I  would have told the one yesterday to turn his pads in. Actually I think he did and it cost him his job. Wrong person in trouble here.

Just now, Appvol said:

Tell me what happened yesterday then. 

Think you know, I've heard several accounts ,none were good. Either these people lied to me for some crazy reason or it got bad.  Don't know why any Cloudland fans would call me and tell me lies. You tell me what happened. Truth shouldn't be that bad.