2A polls 9-30-19

Yeti

45 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Not sure what Sonny's Computers are thinking jumping TC all the way up to 32. Wow craziness. Someone mentioned Strength of Schedule. Well if you look at Trousdale's opponents in Sonny's Poll, they average a rank of 194.7. Friendship is the highest ranked team sitting at 107. Compare that to Watertown (Trousdale's loss) who sits at 114 and has a schedule ranking of 163.4. Watertown has 3 opponents within the top 35 in Sonny's poll (1-1 so far vs those with Upperman still to go). I know they are different polls and are determined in different ways but IMO, Watertown sits above Trousdale in any Poll i put together. But as its been mentioned already, Polls means nothing, results on the field are all that matter. 

Watertowns game with Upperman will tell alot about how good both teams are. Oneida played Upperman to a close game until the last 2 minutes of play. If Watertown beats them 2A could have a new leader.

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think the jury is still out on South Green, that 5A team they beat has one win over Northview 34-8 the same team Kingston beat 46-8, and giving up 33 points to Chuckey Doak after Happy Valley held them to 6. I would say SG has played just below average schedule. But it sounds like they have a good offense but needs to improve on defense.

SG  for sure needs to be ranked ahead of Hampton,  but I think when its all said and done, Hampton beats them. Sonny has had them WAY down in this poll but they are starting to climb the ladder in a big way. Hampton is underrated .

56 minutes ago, pujo said:

Johnson County lost to Chucky 14 to 10, Hampton could have easily beat JC by 50. The game with HV was a fluke. GP is the real deal. Shame they have to deal with Alcoa.

All true but we could also look at it this way:

HV beats CD 14-6

HV beats Hampton 14-8 

So based on this could we assume Hampton is just a tiny bit better than CD??? I would say not. 

Fact is these are teenage boys struggling with consistency. That’s why games are played.  Rivalries or conference games or just blowouts, the kids are trying to execute at a high level. Sometimes they do; sometimes they don’t.

Maybe you do have an edge on SG. Hampton continues to improve, and we are still floundering trying to figure out how to play defense.

Based on film, CD did play better against us than they did at JC, Cosby, or SN. 

6 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

HV beats CD 14-6

HV beats Hampton 14-8 

So based on this could we assume Hampton is just a tiny bit better than CD??? I would say not. 

Fact is these are teenage boys struggling with consistency. That’s why games are played.  Rivalries or conference games or just blowouts, the kids are trying to execute at a high level. Sometimes they do; sometimes they don’t.

Maybe you do have an edge on SG. Hampton continues to improve, and we are still floundering trying to figure out how to play defense.

Preach it!!!

10 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

HV beats CD 14-6

HV beats Hampton 14-8 

12 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

HV beats CD 14-6

HV beats Hampton 14-8 

I'll say it for the last time, the HV thing was a fluke.  I was standing there all night.  Not saying SG won't be a big challenge, just think Hampton is the more complete team.

15 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

HV beats CD 14-6

HV beats Hampton 14-8 

I'll give you another one to chew on. SG had Cloudland down 21 to 16 at the half, Cloudland even had a good chance of leading . Hampton had them down 35 to zip.  At some point the evidence shows up.

Yall couldn't wait for the AP to speak.  Had to make a premature pole thread.

Here is your poll those of you belonging to the Tribe of Class 2A. Behold!!

Class 2A

Record      Pts      Prv

1. Peabody (13)                          5-0            161      1

2. Meigs County (3)                    6-0            153      2   

3. Watertown                              5-1             117      3

4. Trousdale County                   4-1             108      4

5. Forrest                                    6-0             100      6

6. South Greene (1)                    6-0             79       T8

7. Lewis County                          4-1             64       T8

8. Tyner Academy                       3-2             55       5

9. Fairley                                     4-2             26       7

10. Houston County                    5-0             19       NR

Others receiving 12 or more points: Happy Valley 12.

2 hours ago, RebRebReb said:

HV beats CD 14-6

HV beats Hampton 14-8 

Hampton folks never wanna give HV credit for whatever reason. Not even taking 3 out of the last 4 has them convinced ..........

• Like 1