TSSAA Record

CoachHolly7

On 9/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, bigredmachine said:

The score was 10-1.   The star player played the entire game evidently and scored all 10 goals vs. a very very very weak school.  The 10th goal was the 9 goal mercy rule towards the end of the game.  

Question: Did they let the other team score, so they could get to 10 in the second half? 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:37 AM, reaction said:

I thought it was still in play, but I feel like I have seen a few results this year that exceeded the limit. Could of been typos but who knows. 

You still have to get to halftime, so the results you saw were probably correct.  The last year before it was instituted, there was a 24-0 score which is inexcusable.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, abouttogetmessi said:

Unfortunately, everyone immediately jumps to talking about the coach here. Why? Because reprimanding the coach is more "exciting" than talking about the kid, herself. 

It should be noted Molly Smith is an incredible kid who works hard no matter the score. I had the opportunity to see her losing 8-0 working her tail off for her team. She is heads above the rest of her team, but, instead of running to another school like most kids do, she is content in working with the teammates she has and stays positive despite the scoreline. Much, much respect for her! 

I am not defending the coach, nor do I think it was the right decision to leave her in this long in a game well in-hand; however, some times the "bright side" of the story needs to be relayed. We seem to be all too negative on sites such as these. 

The coach is a clown and that’s not debatable. There’s nothing exciting about saying that. The player just did as she was instructed.

Edited by Playerscoach

1 hour ago, bigredmachine said:

Female coach actually.  2nd year.

One of those things, why keep records for things we don't want to happen in a game.    If there is a record someone will try to beat it.  If there isn't a record then no one will go after it.   Do you think the 10 goals was aimed at beating the record or just happened to be the new record?   Just curious. 

I do not think anyone should get on the player for achieving this.  A high school kid just wants to play and do well.  Ten goals by any player is on the coach.  After the fourth or fifth or, at most, sixth goal, the coach should get the other players involved.  Not work on getting them involve, get them involved.  Tell the scorer to pass it, set up scores, or be a decoy and then lay it back for someone else.  Having only one great player is a guaranteed recipe for a 10-0 drubbing of themselves down the road.  Having one great player and several good ones gives a team a much better chance of competing when the competition is better.

this ant even worthy of news......them coaches up in and around that Greene county region......they nose how to lay down thumpins.....before the "U better quit scorin" rule went into effect.....it wernt rare to see 17s or better weekly...

back in Boogerettes HS days and before.....thinkin that Eiskamp feller were the most famous round that region 1&2......and if he pitched up gainst them neighbors in Mosheim or over in Tazewell.....all bets were off and the drama were comin

Booger just sayin soccer-referee-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 hour ago, Booger said:

this ant even worthy of news......them coaches up in and around that Greene county region......they nose how to lay down thumpins.....before the "U better quit scorin" rule went into effect.....it wernt rare to see 17s or better weekly...

back in Boogerettes HS days and before.....thinkin that Eiskamp feller were the most famous round that region 1&2......and if he pitched up gainst them neighbors in Mosheim or over in Tazewell.....all bets were off and the drama were comin

Booger just sayin soccer-referee-smiley-emoticon.gif

I can get through a Starsnbars' post, in one read. It still takes me two times to get through Booger's posts.