#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

20 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Only 1 week before Maryville will, only because you won't be seeing any team worth 2 cents until Semis when you catch a Middle team. MJ will see big bad Oakland at some point in the postseason, then Maryville will be soon to follow. Last I remember, Maryviile got blanked, plain embarrased 38-0 in 2018. Couldn't even score a point in their most important game. MJ atleast made them Pats sweat till the final whistle, lost 14-7 and had to be stopped on a 4th down. Must be nice to sleepwalk to the semis every year! So tone down that cockiness just a notch, until you are the best team in Tennessee again. Cause as of now, you simply put, are not. 

Yes it was an ugly game. Oakland laid the wood to us for sure.  A lot still remains to be seen... hope we get to see you guys.  Then after that we will catch a team  worth a $1 or so. 

Edited by GREYRIDERx

2 hours ago, BigGameHunter said:

We have great LBs and a big DL...

I just think Oakland schedule has been weak (and not their fault) and they have not been tested in the least, not one team they have played has close to the same talent as them.  Friday night, talent will be more equal...

Like I said, we will see.  I hope Oakland is full strength...and I hope we are as well.

Over the last 5yrs, who has tested Oakland before they’ve played Blackman? 

I can only come up with Hoover and Maryville. 

I've seen every Oakland game this year.  They are every bit as good as last years team but now have a legit pro style quaterback.  The Sparks kid has a very strong and accurate arm.  6'5" and 220 lbs.   Oakland defense is great as it usually is.  Sorry Blackman folks, this one isn't going to be close.  Maybe not a running clock but it will be close to one.

36 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I've seen every Oakland game this year.  They are every bit as good as last years team but now have a legit pro style quaterback.  The Sparks kid has a very strong and accurate arm.  6'5" and 220 lbs.   Oakland defense is great as it usually is.  Sorry Blackman folks, this one isn't going to be close.  Maybe not a running clock but it will be close to one.

Honest question here....how would Oakland do against Ravenwood and Alcoa....in your opinion....blow outs?

23 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

So, to me, that is the betting line on Oakland - Blackman, cause Blackman was every bit equal to those teams and we may have our offensive struggles worked out now and if we do, it will be a 7 point game either way!!!   I can't wait!!!!  

What makes you equal to Alcoa and Ravenwood? I believe both proved they were better. 

Do you think Blackman is the only team that's improved this season?

15 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

What makes you equal to Alcoa and Ravenwood? I believe both proved they were better. 

Do you think Blackman is the only team that's improved this season?

I believe we are equal cause I was at both games and they each could have went either way.  Look at the scores.  Both games were even games that a play or two goes blackman way, we win both.  That's how i believe we are equal to those two teams.   

Has Oakland ever lost a game when they were equal or better than the team they played?  Maryville....Whitehaven?

Edited by BigGameHunter

6 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

I believe we are equal cause I was at both games and they each could have went either way.  Look at the scores.  Both games were even games that a play or two goes blackman way, we win both.  That's how i believe we are equal to those two teams.   

Has Oakland ever lost a game when they were equal or better than the team they played?  Maryville....Whitehaven?

Oakland has a 36 game District/Region winning streak, a bunch of which were against Blackman teams that are much better than this one. Oakland just destroyed both Maryville & Whitehaven in a manner which probably won't happen again. You reference the Ravenwood and Alcoa games but conveniently forget the Indy game in which you guys have up 49 to a team that didn't score more than 7 against Oakland in '17 or '18

Inconsistent play, inferior coaching, inferior talent, all of this adds up to Blackman needing a miracle to win this game. Even blaze45 predicted Oakland and the man is as big of a blaze homer that you will find

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland has a 36 game District/Region winning streak, a bunch of which were against Blackman teams that are much better than this one. Oakland just destroyed both Maryville & Whitehaven in a manner which probably won't happen again. You reference the Ravenwood and Alcoa games but conveniently forget the Indy game in which you guys have up 49 to a team that didn't score more than 7 against Oakland in '17 or '18

Inconsistent play, inferior coaching, inferior talent, all of this adds up to Blackman needing a miracle to win this game. Even blaze45 predicted Oakland and the man is as big of a blaze homer that you will find

Has Oakland ever lost to a team they were as good or better than...just curious