#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No if. You can write it in ink, Oakland will be facing Maryville in the semis for the 6th year in a row

MTF ewe'uns ere a shore bet.......Butt eye'm jist worried abowt tha Brad Lee Bowl necks Fridee......Thay ere vurry vurry ecksplosive...:unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

On 9/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, GoPats2019 said:

You're only as good as your assistants. I think Hartsfield is a good coach, not sure about the assistants. 

I agree with your statement on Hartsfield. He just needs to have some guts and reorganize his staff for success. The team has plenty of talent but no coaching. 

56 minutes ago, Iguana500 said:

I agree with your statement on Hartsfield. He just needs to have some guts and reorganize his staff for success. The team has plenty of talent but no coaching. 

Especially on the offensive side of the ball. Secondary is not the best, but the defense has been good enough. You have to either have  a solid run game or a good quick passing game to combat a defense like Oakland, preferably both. If all you can do is throw the ball vertically you better have a heckuva OL bc Oakland is going to pin their ears back and bring the house

23 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Especially on the offensive side of the ball. Secondary is not the best, but the defense has been good enough. You have to either have  a solid run game or a good quick passing game to combat a defense like Oakland, preferably both. If all you can do is throw the ball vertically you better have a heckuva OL bc Oakland is going to pin their ears back and bring the house

I couldn't agree more. 

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Kit gets a good strength/line coach and a good OC, look out everybody!

Take this for what it's worth... It might be a knee jerk reaction, but I'm hearing there were a few Blackman parents on Friday who said they would be moving to the north side of town before next season and it wouldn't to to Siegel.

Edited by GoPats2019

11 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Take this for what it's worth... It might be a knee jerk reaction, but I'm hearing there were a few Blackman parents on Friday who said they would be moving to the north side of town before next season and it wouldn't to to Siegel.

I don't endorse this, but if Blackman doesn't get these issues fixed quicklt, this will be commonplace

31 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I think that many players moving would cause more headaches than it's worth. 

I agree, you risk alienating the kids who have put in so much hard work. Have all the respect in the world for Victor Stephenson. Sparks moving in took away a big chunk of the spotlight he was going to get this year, but you haven't heard him complain. He has embraced being Oakland's Swiss army knife