Franklin County Coaching Search

Foolsball101

8 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I might have to disagree to an extent.  I was at a McGavock game one year and the PA announcer was very over the top.  When our QB gave a great fake and took the ball around the end, the PA guy said over loudspeaker, it’s a fake he’s coming around this side, somebody needs to make a tackle.  That is uncalled for and definitely a wrong way to do it.  I have heard plenty of good ones and plenty of bad ones too!  Smyrna used to have a terrible one back in the 90’s.  

talking about PA announcers is peak offseason

34 minutes ago, ocac said:

Thank you!  Way off course.  Go from a coaching search to a battle of PA announcers.  SMH

It was a joke that turned into a serious conversation...which is fine for a "message board". It happens all the time. But, we are done now...so back to the coaching search :) Who ya got taking over? How's the talent coming back at FCHS? Can they compete in years to come? It's been a tough decade or more over there.

2 hours ago, REBELFAN70 said:

so to sum this up, opposing teams dont like our PA announcer because he is too loud and is an unapologetic supporter of the home team who he is employed by? Personally as someone who needs names shared for play by play purposes i enjoy going to games where i can hear on the opposing sidelines the names of kids who score, etc... Summit has a very loud PA announcer who is obviously a huge supporter of the Spartans but i left that stadium having had a good time! The PA announcer should be a supporter of the home team with respect to the visiting team and he does that very well      

Summit's PA is by far the worst that I have seen in my 45+ years of going to games as far as class, sportsmanship, and just overall ability.  He really puts a stain on an otherwise good atmosphere.

• Like 1