AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 30, 2019

Southtowner

46 minutes ago, crow said:

Nope we kinda expect that sorta junk from you. I was just playing along with you when your daddy or big brother whoever decided to call me on my comment. Just making sure he was up to speed. I've been around these boards long enough to not get my feelings hurt, especially if I have never met and therefore place no value in the posters opinions. We both know you were taking a shot because you didn't like greenback getting so much attention, Oneida wasn't a factor in the conversation and no one has mentioned them in any "elite" team conversation except maybe to say we're not one. I simply jabbed back. No hurt feelings at all. 

I took a shot because of a few comments you made it had nothing to do with greenback getting attention. I could care less how much attention greenback gets.  Greenback is a very good football team but they are beatable. 

Awww, did I hurt your feelings :roflol:

I'm really not looking to start a war with you. How about this, we'll just agree we both jabbed a little, call a truce and let it go. Truthfully I don't have any beef with SP and in fact like the program and almost all the posters from there. I'll be honest, a couple of guys, or maybe I should say a couple of user names have really made me overly critical and even vengeful  of SP this season. Their overzealous monotonous postings got me picking apart posts from other SP faithful. I was wrong for that, for letting a couple of trolls who are an embarrassment to your fine program skew my opinion of it. My apologies for that. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shockernation said:

I see everyone putting huntingdon above LC...that’ll change soon! We don’t want respect and we sure ain’t gonna get any! Everyone is on our D? It’s hard for kids to play 100% up 20-30 points! On offense we’ve punted like 10 times...Crockett came as close as anyone WILL come to stopping us! I’ve told the nonbelievers since last December...errrbody get a dose! Also Tanner Snyder is Mr Football in my book too! 

:popcorneater: Polls don’t mean anything. Hopefully you get your wish for a battle with Huntingdon. We gotta get past Round 3 first. I’m a fan of Coach Puckett for the way he conducts himself  both on and off the field. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, crow said:

I'm really not looking to start a war with you. How about this, we'll just agree we both jabbed a little, call a truce and let it go. Truthfully I don't have any beef with SP and in fact like the program and almost all the posters from there. I'll be honest, a couple of guys, or maybe I should say a couple of user names have really made me overly critical and even vengeful  of SP this season. Their overzealous monotonous postings got me picking apart posts from other SP faithful. I was wrong for that, for letting a couple of trolls who are an embarrassment to your fine program skew my opinion of it. My apologies for that. 

Epic post sir.

1 hour ago, crow said:

Hopefully so. . . At The Reservation of course :grin:

I played against Onieda in the playoffs in 69. Sparky Woods was your QB. I believe he eventually wound up as South Carolina's Head Coach. We played the game in Dayton. I thought when we got on the field we were playing Tennessee. Nice Uniforms. Y'all have a good program up there.

2 minutes ago, team69 said:

I played against Onieda in the playoffs in 69. Sparky Woods was your QB. I believe he eventually wound up as South Carolina's Head Coach. We played the game in Dayton. I thought when we got on the field we were playing Tennessee. Nice Uniforms. Y'all have a good program up there.

Oneida has earned alot of respect from me over the years. Always tough, always disciplined. TL seems to be a good man.

1 hour ago, crow said:

If we were face to face I would shake your hand.I personally have no beef with Oneida. Most of us SP posters are just very passionate fans( I'm sometimes a little too passionate)....others you just have to over look.    My apologies for disrespecting Oneida and good luck to you guys the rest of the season. 

5 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

If we were face to face I would shake your hand.I personally have no beef with Oneida. Most of us SP posters are just very passionate fans( I'm sometimes a little too passionate)....others you just have to over look.    My apologies for disrespecting Oneida and good luck to you guys the rest of the season. 

I'd be glad to get that handshake. I've been known to be a little eager myself lol. Thats one of the things that makes small school ball so fun. 

24 minutes ago, team69 said:

A long time back Oneida's colors were blue and yellow! I believe early 50s but don't quote me on that. Anyway the coach at the time needed some uniforms but no $$$ available of course. The coach had recently graduated from UT where he played football. He had a contact there and called to see if they had some uniforms they were getting rid of. They did so they sent them up, the school changed its colors and to pay homage to their gift we adopted rocky top and a few other traditions. At least that's the way it was told to me. But that's how there became a mini Tennessee up in the mountains. 

11 minutes ago, crow said:

A long time back Oneida's colors were blue and yellow! I believe early 50s but don't quote me on that. Anyway the coach at the time needed some uniforms but no $$$ available of course. The coach had recently graduated from UT where he played football. He had a contact there and called to see if they had some uniforms they were getting rid of. They did so they sent them up, the school changed its colors and to pay homage to their gift we adopted rocky top and a few other traditions. At least that's the way it was told to me. But that's how there became a mini Tennessee up in the mountains. 

Good to see y’all not playing like them