District 9-AA 2019-2020

jn2rons

We're about a month or so out... :bored:

Sycamore + White House should be the favorites right?

Heritage has won District 2 of the last 3 yrs? Do they have anything left?

New coaches at Heritage and Sycamore, right? 

Cheatham/ Harpeth/ Greenbrier/ Westmoreland... How's everyone looking this year?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, WhereYouAt said:

every 2A team in the state is competing for second place behind Wooddale. Transfers with 2 of the top 60 players in the nation on the same team in 2A. Crazy. 

I think Sycamore White House and then Harpeth

Really? Wasn’t Memphis East suppose to be the clear favorite in 3AAA last year and most Memphis fans thought Whitehaven was the second best team? We all know how that turned out. First thing  2AA will be better across the board in my opinion. Teams 4-12 will be much better than last year. Second injuries are common in basketball and you have to avoid the injury bug. Third you have to be able to play as a team on offense and defense.

Wooddale has all the pieces to go back to back but I’ve watched basketball far too long to say everyone else is playing for second. Especially before the season even starts... 

21 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Really? Wasn’t Memphis East suppose to be the clear favorite in 3AAA last year and most Memphis fans thought Whitehaven was the second best team? We all know how that turned out. First thing  2AA will be better across the board in my opinion. Teams 4-12 will be much better than last year. Second injuries are common in basketball and you have to avoid the injury bug. Third you have to be able to play as a team on offense and defense.

Wooddale has all the pieces to go back to back but I’ve watched basketball far too long to say everyone else is playing for second. Especially before the season even starts... 

It's really not that hard. This thread is for District 9-AA

20 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Oh ok.. NOT! His comments said everyone else is playing for second in 2AA.  That’s when it brought me into the thread. I suggest you ignore any of my post if you don’t like them because I don’t play that way. 

He was actually on topic... but you? Who knows, maybe you’re bored or lost. Feel free to stay and pitch in with more randomness. It’s all good.

WhereYouAt - Sounds about right to me. Big man at Sycamore is gonna be a monster this yr. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3 teams are above .500 right now.

Sycamore, Greenbriar, and WHH.

Sycamore is most talented with big kid,double him and leave open shooters or let him kill you. 

Looks like WHH and WH have really played up in competition based on schedules. So should be ok in district.

Greenbriar is winning but I would say talent is about the same across this district and they will lose some.

Harpeth, Cheatham, WM Not much size, streaky shooters. If I had to choose today I’d go.

1.sycamore 

2. Heritage

3.Greenbriar

4.WH

5.CC

6. WM

7. Harpeth

Just my opinion, I know it’s still early and I could be wrong.

Sycamore only team with shot in regions depending on matchup. Watched them play East and East won by 20. 

Edited by Beamerball