District 9-AA 2019-2020

jn2rons

Hard to tell until this district really starts playing each other. Some teams have played really hard schedules, while others very easy. 

Also, many rivalry games in this district so upsets happen often. 

Based on what I have seen and scores, I believe Sycamore is the team to beat. Greenbrier, Heritage, and White House can all compete, and will split amongst each other.

White House has played a tough schedule, and could be the most dangerous as they have lots of seniors, with lots of experienced playing time. 

1. Sycamore

2. Heritage

3. White House 

4. Greenbrier 

5. Harpeth

6. Cheatham

7. Westmoreland 

Happy 2020! 

Let the 2nd of 3 seasons begin. 

• 3 weeks later...

Current district standings above from coach t.

Sycamore undefeated in the district. But they can be beat, the big kid is offensively limited. I was at the Harpeth vs sycamore game and they had 25 points after 3 quarters. Not as talented as I thought overall.

33 # for White House to me maybe the player of the district. If their point guard is playing good they are tough to beat.

Harpeth Is well coached, best player is #3, Who is 5 foot nothing and they give teams fits. 

Still think district will come down to Sycamore, Heritage, or White House. Which ever one finds the most consistency.

Cheatham and Westy Are struggling.

Edited by Beamerball

13 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Current district standings above from coach t.

Sycamore undefeated in the district. But they can be beat, the big kid is offensively limited. I was at the Harpeth vs sycamore game and they had 25 points after 3 quarters. Not as talented as I thought overall.

33 # for White House to me maybe the player of the district. If their point guard is playing good they are tough to beat.

Harpeth Is well coached, best player is #3, Who is 5 foot nothing and they give teams fits. 

Still think district will come down to Sycamore, Heritage, or White House. Which ever one finds the most consistency.

Cheatham and Westy Are struggling.

How tall is the big kid? Does he get enough touches?

On 1/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, WhereYouAt said:

How tall is the big kid? Does he get enough touches?

I’ve seen him listed from 6’8 to 6’10 so not real sure. He gets touches, he’s not a statue, he can move, ive seen him take a few coast to coast. He’s been playing fine and his teammates are starting to join him. They are on a 14 game win streak are starting to smash some teams that they barely beat last time.

12 hours ago, Beamerball said:

And doing it without their post player was even more impressive. The other 2 post players stepped up big time. White House to me is the most talented team in the district.

I agree that White House win was impressive. I still think Sycamore is the better team but it’s closer than I thought.  Sycamore had too many turnovers to beat White House especially from the 6”10 guy. I’ve been at almost all of sycamores games and if they’re clicking on all cylinders they’re hard to beat. The thing is that never happens. Usually one or two guys carrying the team, they need a team effort to win district this year. Btw my brother is #35 for Sycamore. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nextoneup said:

How does district 9 match up against district 10 this year? 

Not very good imo. District 10’s top teams pearl Cohn and East Nashville are better than sycamore and White House but who knows honestly. I expect these four to be the 1&2 seeds in the region. I think sycamore would have the best chance of upsetting a district 10 team in the region quarters or semis because of their size, but White House is a good sound team as well. Both teams have a chance anything can happen! It would be nice to see a district 9 teams go to sectionals! 

• Thanks 1

Been awhile but basketball a tournament sport . I went on record last year with a lot of coaching comments on White House not so favorably . I always try to give credit when credit is due . This team could have folded after Christmas with that start . 0-6 in games decided by 10 points or less . 2-13 over all I believe . Not that tough of a schedule maybe 4 -6 quality teams ., Takes more than a good coach to keep a team together and moving to tournament time . Which basketball is all about .,The coach did it and this team now knows how to win and find ways too win . Credit to players but most of all the head coach ., 9-2 in games decided by 10 points or less now . Still don’t agree with some things he does but heck I don’t agree how some college coaches coach just our nature . Bottom line #1 and #33 those two dictate the district with 33 player of the year but probably goes to sycamore kid but #33 for WH is more skilled I believe . I don’t know who gets coach of the year but should be close . WH coach has a talented bunch but they have talented for the past 4 years and still looking for that elusive district championship . Hopefully this is the year they get the monkey off their back . Close games don’t bother them . And coach has a lot of great sets to get #33 the ball late ., Like I stated early The coach has done a great job getting this team to tournament time playing their best ball . Win or lose the coach should be commended for the job he has done this year . Now bring it home and if just might mean that first 9AA region win in years . Good luck to all teams during the tournament