MEDIA COVERAGE OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

GeneralForrest

Us small town, small school folks don't matter. WJJM in Lewisburg does a good job covering our county teams. Matter of fact, there is a show every Tuesday night at 7PM where the coaches and some players are interviewed. We talk previous week game and upcoming game. You should try to catch it.

I would have to disagree with you. I can't speak for the middle part of the state or for the eastern part of the state but west of the Tennessee River almost every team outside of Shelby County has media coverage and some or all of their games covered either buy radio, streaming audio, or streaming video. I can only think of maybe four teams that do not have any regular media coverage in West Tennessee.

Edited by ReitzFan

Just now, ReitzFan said:

I would have to disagree with you. I can't speak for the middle part of the state or for the eastern part of the state but west of the Tennessee River almost every team outside of Shelby County has media coverage and some or all of their games covered either buy radio, streaming audio, or streaming video. I can only think of two or maybe three teams that do not have any regular media coverage in West Tennessee.

Not that way in the Nashville area!

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

ok hear me out. WHEN YOU WATCH THE NETWORK shows after the games on friday. when you listen to the coaches who appear on the 104.5 shows fri and sat.  how does that break down to you.  

I can't answer for a show that airs in the Middle Tennessee area such as the show on 104.5. We do not get that station here in West Tennessee. Most of the stations that broadcast games here in West Tennessee how to do a post game scoreboard call-in show or like the station that I broadcast games on we do a complete run of the scoreboard in West Tennessee before we sign off. There's also one station in West Tennessee that does about a 2-hour pregame show covering all of the games in West Tennessee, then during ball games they have live reports, and then after the game they do it by 2 and 1/2 hour post game with live call ins. Nothing with rabbit ears or tinfoil here in West Tennessee the balance of our games are covered well

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

the bulk of the pop of the state is in middle tn. and its pee pee poor for the small guys,.  

In West Tennessee the games are all broadcast on local community stations. And you're part of the state if there are a local hometown stations covering games you are most likely going to be Sol unless you're one of power schools in Middle Tennessee and you get a TV game of the week

31 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I would have to disagree with you. I can't speak for the middle part of the state or for the eastern part of the state but west of the Tennessee River almost every team outside of Shelby County has media coverage and some or all of their games covered either buy radio, streaming audio, or streaming video. I can only think of maybe four teams that do not have any regular media coverage in West Tennessee.

Yes. Channel 7 shows clips from as many games as they can every Friday night. WLJT(local PBS) usually has a complete game of the week, and almost any radio station you can turn on has a game.