Glencliff reported to be ending football this season

nrgrizzlies

Does anyone closer to the school know what the heck happened?

It's pretty disgusting if they just shut things down simply because they were being blown out.  Did all the kids quit or something?

Glencliff has to have some deep, structural/cultural problems to have struggled the way they have, but to just throw up your hands and take away the football program from the kids entirely is absurd.

Edited by BlueDevil58

37 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Does anyone closer to the school know what the heck happened?

It's pretty disgusting if they just shut things down simply because they were being blown out.  Did all the kids quit or something?

Glencliff has to have some deep, structural/cultural problems to have struggled the way they have, but to just throw up your hands and take away the football program from the kids entirely is absurd.

They started out with 47 players, last week they had 26 and this week they are practicing with 17.   It has nothing to do with being blown out!  

• Like 1

You want to see what happens when you have open enrollment and unlimited recruitment from the private schools.  Here is your result.  CR, PC, Hillsboro and East are feasting while the rest of metro schools are struggling.  I never thought I would see the day the Whites Creek Cobras wouldn’t be a team to fear.  I guess what will happen going forward is that the kids who want to play football will all transfer to the power schools in metro and just not have a football team. What ramifications does this create for the TSSAA?  Having schools with more than 2000 kids and not having the ability to field a team.  I’m just sad that it has come to this for any of those kids who have sacrificed their time to be told it wasn’t enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wave88 said:

You want to see what happens when you have open enrollment and unlimited recruitment from the private schools.  Here is your result.  CR, PC, Hillsboro and East are feasting while the rest of metro schools are struggling.  I never thought I would see the day the Whites Creek Cobras wouldn’t be a team to fear.  I guess what will happen going forward is that the kids who want to play football will all transfer to the power schools in metro and just not have a football team. What ramifications does this create for the TSSAA?  Having schools with more than 2000 kids and not having the ability to field a team.  I’m just sad that it has come to this for any of those kids who have sacrificed their time to be told it wasn’t enough.

With all due respect, I don’t think recruiting had anything to do with this.  The school is very close to Nolensville Rd.  according to great schools website it is 47% hispanic... I think it’s more, but I’ll go with their data.  School enrolment is 1400 and approximately 700 males.  Half of them are interested in futbol, not football.  Throw in the concussion scares and the field is less.  Then throw in the fact that they are rated 2 out a possible 10....not a driver to go to that school.

Now I DO agree with you on Whites Creek!  What the heck?  The privates as well as East Nashville High School benefit from the kids in that area.