Ravenwood

Bearfire18

50 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

What I don't understand is the AD is on the football staff.   So technically he is Daniels boss.  Why didn't he step in and say hey this can't happen instead of watching it go on.  And then he is made interim head coach while the investigation is going on.  Something doesn't seem right!

AD is a ceremonial position. He doesn't have any real power

Coaches in all sports participate in practice. So is a baseball coach not supposed to hit grounders or throw BP? Are football coaches not supposed to teach technique?  Marion got popped a few years back because the kid that was in pads was not a coach. Should a coach have been in pads?? Probably not. But to say coaches can’t participate in practice shows how ignorant of the rules some of you clowns really are. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Coaches in all sports participate in practice. So is a baseball coach not supposed to hit grounders or throw BP? Are football coaches not supposed to teach technique?  Marion got popped a few years back because the kid that was in pads was not a coach. Should a coach have been in pads?? Probably not. But to say coaches can’t participate in practice shows how ignorant of the rules some of you clowns really are. 

If any coach participation can potentially result in a kid having  an injury such as a concussion, them you need to rethink your way of conducting practice. Marion got popped for using a college football player, again inviting a lawsuit using a person that is physically superior to them. The HC allowed a man who spent several years as a NFL starter to put on pads and take in live drills against HS kids, this goes above and beyond simple participation.

That's like having a former MLB pitcher participate in a intrasquad scrimmage. If you can't see the potential liability issues there, then I don't know what to say

Edited by MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

If any coach participation can potentially result in a kid having  an injury such as a concussion, them you need to rethink your way of conducting practice. Marion got popped for using a college football player, again inviting a lawsuit using a person that is physically superior to them. The HC allowed a man who spent several years as a NFL starter to put on pads and take in live drills against HS kids, this goes above and beyond simple participation.

That's like having a former MLB pitcher participate in a intrasquad scrimmage. If you can't see the potential liability issues there, then I don't know what to say

I understand what greatwhite saying.  So would be it be same Penalty if he was a former MLB playing hitting baseball's to his kids and he gets hurt? Seeing comments outside of coacht a lot of people are saying   Their coach use to do this or this isn't something new. Is this becauses he's a Ex NFL player? I feel like that's the only reason Paul wrote about it.