Ravenwood

Bearfire18

23 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I understand what greatwhite saying.  So would be it be same Penalty if he was a former MLB playing hitting baseball's to his kids and he gets hurt? Seeing comments outside of coacht a lot of people are saying   Their coach use to do this or this isn't something new. Is this becauses he's a Ex NFL player? I feel like that's the only reason Paul wrote about it.

I think we can all agree that you can't do the things the way you used to with Concussions/CTE. It may have been popular with the kids, but each family trusts the Head Coach to do the right thing and keep their kids safe, to a reasonable degree. The Head Coach failed in this regard. WilCo feels the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have suspended him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think we can all agree that you can't do the things the way you used to with Concussions/CTE. It may have been popular with the kids, but each family trusts the Head Coach to do the right thing and keep their kids safe, to a reasonable degree. The Head Coach failed in this regard. WilCo feels the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have suspended him

Heard on the radio a lot of parents saying it was just a freak accident and nobody really mad but the outsiders. I feel like they suspended them because they had to. He will be back coaching.

25 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Heard on the radio a lot of parents saying it was just a freak accident and nobody really mad but the outsiders. I feel like they suspended them because they had to. He will be back coaching.

Freak accident or not, it's an error in judgement, Daniels said as much in the link below. With the way the world is, why open yourself up to scrutiny like that? I'm glad he'll be back to coaching and hopefully chalk this up to a lesson learned

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/3926155002?id=611613&__twitter_impression=true

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Seems like people are upset because it says “ex NFL Player” 

if the coach that caused the injury didn’t play in the NFL or college is this really a big issue? I’d say no because coaches simulate players from other teams all the time in practice.

Most coaches aren't 6'3 250 either. Fowler spent many years in the NFL.That's a man going against boys. People should be upset bc it was a serious lack of judgement

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Most coaches aren't 6'3 250 either. Fowler spent many years in the NFL.That's a man going against boys. People should be upset bc it was a serious lack of judgement

Hardest I have ever been hit was by my first LB Coach in the pros.  I was in full gear and he was in shorts and T-shirt.  That Coach was Dick Butkis.  That taught me it is NOT what you are wearing but how you hit.

Personally I think this was a huge screw up, but that is all it was so send the vulture lawyers home!

As I always asked my kids when they screwed up, "Did you learn anything?  If so, GOOD, now do not repeat it!".  Then I moved on to something useful.