The Orchestration of High School Teams

Narco

All this bashing is crazy!!! Teams can only put 11 players on the field at one time. If coaches can go out and find good players that want to come play for them then that's great. A coach is paid to make his team be the best they can be and win legally.  Any coach or fan that says they only want hometown boys and wouldn't take a great player from another school is full of ####. It all bulls down to us other teams being jealous that your team got them and you might beat us now. Every school probably has a kid playing for them that didn't grow up in that town. Its not the kids fault if hes not as good as the other kid at your school. Let them be young men and let them play ball!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Narco said:

All this bashing is crazy!!! Teams can only put 11 players on the field at one time. If coaches can go out and find good players that want to come play for them then that's great. A coach is paid to make his team be the best they can be and win legally.  Any coach or fan that says they only want hometown boys and wouldn't take a great player from another school is full of ####. It all bulls down to us other teams being jealous that your team got them and you might beat us now. Every school probably has a kid playing for them that didn't grow up in that town. Its not the kids fault if hes not as good as the other kid at your school. Let them be young men and let them play ball!!!!

Old Pirate says there is absolutely nothing wrong with recruiting players if you aren’t in the public division. Encourage any to go there and abide by rules. Orchestrating & recruiting is the same, except.....A. one is done openingly, B. One is breaking the rules and C. One is secretly cheating and punishable.  Orchestrating to fill immediate glaring needs is basic recruiting principles done hopefully secretly. Anyone that thinks different is an obvious supporter of cheating. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says there is absolutely nothing wrong with recruiting players if you aren’t in the public division. Encourage any to go there and abide by rules. Orchestrating & recruiting is the same, except.....A. one is done openingly, B. One is breaking the rules and C. One is secretly cheating and punishable.  Anyone that thinks different is an obvious supporter of cheating. 

I do agree with this.Openly recruiting high school kids is illegal and if caught should be punished according to the rules.Any family that wants to MOVE and does so according to the TSSAA rules should be able too.As the OP stated most teams have 1 or more.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I do agree with this.Openly recruiting high school kids is illegal and if caught should be punished according to the rules.Any family that wants to MOVE and does so according to the TSSAA rules should be able too.As the OP stated most teams have 1 or more.

IF caught... breaking rules isn’t often times sufficient. Whitwell player last year great example. TSSAA far too liniment & refuse to adequately hold perpetrators accountable. Recent example SP vs RB game. Some top official attending made the call to prevent the game, only one in area to the best of this skillet heads knowledge. 

I feel that it should all abide by the rules and if found guilty of breaking the rules then should be punished to the full extent. I see no harm in coaches asking kids to come play for them but they shouldn't be able to offer anything to the players or family besides the opportunity to play football.

45 minutes ago, Narco said:

I feel that it should all abide by the rules and if found guilty of breaking the rules then should be punished to the full extent. I see no harm in coaches asking kids to come play for them but they shouldn't be able to offer anything to the players or family besides the opportunity to play football.

A coach asking a player to come play for him is recruiting plan and simple. “A coach meeting with a potential player before they are enrolled in that school is recruiting. Let’s be clear, that last example is the norm and there are obviously some that do that regularly. Yea, their defense is, “prove it”. Supporters & coachings talking to a potential player prior to enrollment is a violation. It is glaringly obvious when special team needs are filled! Your mention of an offering? A starting position offer to fill a vacancy is a great recruiting tool. Make no mistake there is evidence of plenty of cheating from tex messages captured between involved parties to conversations heard & witnessed to talk in church socials & etc. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

If you want to talk orchestrating... I'll tell you exactly whats orchestrated that is that Roy Dillard fellar along with his undercover agents conspired with deep state operatives to ensure Greenback & SP were put on the same bye week so neither team could scout or "recruit" the other. You think i'm joking but i'm not! 

And I was really looking forwad to that Stevarino's Italian place... oh well maybe later on in the season

Edited by glenfromgreenback
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

A coach asking a player to come play for him is recruiting plan and simple. “A coach meeting with a potential player before they are enrolled in that school is recruiting. Let’s be clear, that last example is the norm and there are obviously some that do that regularly. Yea, their defense is, “prove it”. Supporters & coachings talking to a potential player prior to enrollment is a violation. It is glaringly obvious when special team needs are filled! Your mention of an offering? A starting position offer to fill a vacancy is a great recruiting tool. Make no mistake there is evidence of plenty of cheating from tex messages captured between involved parties to conversations heard & witnessed to talk in church socials & etc. 

Are you saying teams are recruiting for their "special teams"?  Like a punter or maybe a return man?  Seems like if they are going to recruit they would go after big time offensive and defensive players.  Just saying

30 minutes ago, glenfromgreenback said:

If you want to talk orchestrating... I'll tell you exactly whats orchestrated that is that Roy Dillard fellar along with his undercover agents conspired with deep state operatives to ensure Greenback & SP were put on the same bye week so neither team could scout or "recruit" the other. You think i'm joking but i'm not! 

And I was really looking forwad to that Stevarino's Italian place... oh well maybe later on in the season

What kind of mess is this? You fellars is the king of orchestrating.  Fact of the matter is the skillet slinger of gbnation done self admitted.  That Ryan man had nobody besides Garland boy to throw the ball to that Willis boy so the orchestrating began to find an immediate replacement for passer.  I garuntee that Ryan mans whole backfield is transfers.   I aint buying any of your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

8 hours ago, Narco said:

That's not great... that's recruiting, and recruiting is illegal. There's a fine line that has to be kept in order to promote your program to kids outside the school without breaking rules. Ties to league ball, radius, monetary support from outside sources, property retained or sold, ect… there are too many rules to list, and way too much gray area regarding some of them without case specific decisions from TSSAA themselves to be sure. One thing that is for sure... if a coach actively goes out and finds a good player to play for him, he's broken the rules.

• Like 1

If your school win's, then kid's want to come there and play, especially if there team  has about 50 or less fan's to come watch a game. I've seen some team's come to SP that it didn't look like there was anybody over in the visitor's stand's. Seriously, what kid want's to play for a school that has no backing?  I don't blame them for wanting to leave.  All I have heard this year is about GB and SP, well. they both win and kid's want to go there. Our coaches can't help it if they want to come. I am sure all coach's would not turn down a good player that want's to come to there school the legal way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4