D2 A Tournaments

reaction

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/4/2019 at 9:41 PM, CAK3 said:

Both BGA and St. George have an injured difference maker.  St. George has experience that might give them the edge.  USJ and CPA both have wingers who score in bunches but CPA's is on another level.  CPA wins vs USJ.

CPA is essentially an ECNL team per a local coach. Solid talent throughout for sure. 

On 11/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, soccerspace said:

My predictions:

St. Georges vs BGA--should be good game.  Edge to St. Georges.

CPA over USJ.  I haven't seen USJ this year but they would have to have a very good day to beat CPA.

Final should be a close contest between 2 good teams that will know each other well.  St. Georges to win final in a tight game in regulation time.  St. Georges has a better mid field and more balanced attack.  They have enough depth on the field to possibly contain CPA star.  Plus they have the memory of last year.

Best of luck to all 4 teams.

Well, I got the St. George's vs. BGA game wrong.  Sounds like a good battle in tough conditions.  Can CPA beat BGA again this year?  Similarly in Division 1, can Brentwood beat R'Wood again?  Always tough to play the same team again and again.

Also, just my opinion-but I would disagree with local coach who said CPA is essentially an ECNL team.  Don't get me wrong, for a HS, Division 2 team they are good and have lots of current and former club players, but I think there is only 1 current ECNL player.  Whereas, Brentwood team has a whole team of ECNL players.

In any event all teams and players making it to the final is a great accomplishment.  Congrats and best of luck in the finals.

13 hours ago, soccerspace said:

Well, I got the St. George's vs. BGA game wrong.  Sounds like a good battle in tough conditions.  Can CPA beat BGA again this year?  Similarly in Division 1, can Brentwood beat R'Wood again?  Always tough to play the same team again and again.

Also, just my opinion-but I would disagree with local coach who said CPA is essentially an ECNL team.  Don't get me wrong, for a HS, Division 2 team they are good and have lots of current and former club players, but I think there is only 1 current ECNL player.  Whereas, Brentwood team has a whole team of ECNL players.

In any event all teams and players making it to the final is a great accomplishment.  Congrats and best of luck in the finals.

I’ll defer to the coach that plays against both yearly and I remember at least six off last years team that were underclassmen. Not to mention the four that I know that are D1 level players. 

Big upset from what I’ve heard. Congrats to both teams on their seasons. 

19 hours ago, CAK3 said:

Not sure about number of ECNL players on either team, but BGA was impressive and controlled play for most of the game.  I believe BGA loses one senior and CPA has none, so this rivalry will continue into next year.  Congratulations to both teams.

Haven’t heard so I guess that the ball boys/girls performed better this year? Can you confirm?

BGA played an outstanding game.  Price did an excellent job of man marking Betts and I believe this was the first time that BGA had all of their players back to "full" health (I know that some were still banged up, but the first time they all played together).

It is so hard to play a team 3 (or more) times in a season.  Ask Brentwood about that, too.  

It definitely didn't go the way that we had scripted in our minds, but that's ok as well.  My hat is tipped to coach Morrisey and her crew.  They really were ready to rock and came out to win the big one.  

As someone said previously, I believe this will be an even bigger rivalry in the future as both teams bring back their key players and there will be a lot of emotion on each sideline.

Congratulations to BGA.  Well played.

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 2:14 AM, CAK3 said:

Not sure about number of ECNL players on either team, but BGA was impressive and controlled play for most of the game.  I believe BGA loses one senior and CPA has none, so this rivalry will continue into next year.  Congratulations to both teams.

Don't get me wrong, for a HS, Division 2 team they are good and have lots of current and former club players, but I think there is only 1 current ECNL player.  Whereas, Brentwood team has a whole team of ECNL players.

On 11/10/2019 at 2:14 AM, CAK3 said:

Not sure about number of ECNL players on either team, but BGA was impressive and controlled play for most of the game.  I believe BGA loses one senior and CPA has none, so this rivalry will continue into next year. 

Congratulations to both teams. 

auto clicker

In any event all teams and players making it to the final is a great accomplishment.  Congrats and best of luck in the finals.