CPA vs Lipscomb

Rastus

28-7 CPA (#99 in Sonny Moore) over Lipscomb (#2), not as dominant as 28-0 over BGA (better than Lipscomb), but still a no doubter. LA is much better under Dilfer, and has very sophisticated offense predicated on backside plays to take out defenses looking into the backfield. CPA is mostly sophs with a few juniors who are maturing and played really well vs Brentwood last week. Line play on both sides was won by CPA. 4 interceptions pretty much ruined LA continuity and CPA ground and pound did in the better schemed offense again. Kane Patteson little brother had a bit of a break out in front of his brother who was back for homecoming witness. LA brought a great crowd and interest is back. Dilfer is watching a lot of middle school games and could be looking for transfer help. Nothing really different, CPA runs Tyler Reed up the middle off play action which is hard to understand the opposition respecting except that Maverick Rodriguez out wide is fast and dangerous (lost another return for TD off int due to penalty. Biggest threat for CPA is Maverick returning punts or kicks. Not well officiated, but it was a fast field again. CPA did not use nearly as much time driving but were not gonna be stopped by the puny LA line once timing of offense kicked in. Kicking game was a draw but CPA pressure did a lot to cause the 4 int night for LA. Methinks the purple of CPA will hold on to superiority over the purple of LA for at least 4 more years despite big improvements by Dilfer who does dog refs hard and may gain an advantage some night with a ref who can be intimidated. Penalties also hurt LA more than CPA although both suffered.

whole new drainage system, sand built up to truly firm and draining well, turf has no seams and has been down since late May. Very fast, too bad for eric gray and the Luziannes.  No way this team can compete with Evangelicals to quote Boogerism. Better and better as would be expected from sophs who are the focus. Probably 8-10 freshmen who will play next year. Basketball will be better this year. BGA was undefeated, LA had one loss and only FRA is left with one loss. Ravenwood looked to hammer CPA when the year started, but problems abound so maybe it will be Brentwood like again because that was the best CPA effort of the year. Dilfer will be a difference maker for LA, but CPA is full of talent in the pipeline to come thru 2023. Last time the year played out like this, the Presbyterians made it to state semis and ran afoul of Milan. Not sure I believe SOS means as much to a high school team as it would in college, but CPA did not shrik the schedule. Lots of former stars at the LA homecoming inc Kane Patterson, Paul Smith, Bryce McCormick and many more.  Tight bonds.

18 hours ago, Rastus said:

question for those who are keeping up with seeding already? where would a  4-6 CPA be seeded as winner of middle IIAA? only wins will be in region and they should win out to be undefeated in region?

Just like districts in 1A-6A in DI, only region games go toward the standings and thus, the seedings for postseason.

DII-A and DII-AA brackets:

http://www.tndiiathletics.com/football-dii-aa.html

This came out today.  How does CPA destroy BGA and Lipscomb and yet they are still ranked 3 & 4.  The media is not too intelligent.....Fake News.

Class AA

Record      Pts      Prv

1. ECS (20)                                 6-1             200     1

2. Boyd Buchanan                       5-1             168     3

3. BGA                                         4-2             136     4

4. Lipscomb Academy (1)            4-2               93     2

5. Chattanooga Christian             3-2               79     5

Others receiving 12 or more points: CPA 55. Grace Christian 38. CAK 28.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Booger said:

if those votin think they nose FB like a few of the self proclaimed FB Gurus in Chattanooga.....then u would nose why the rankins look like they do

Booger just sayin :roflolk:

I have no clue if they got it right or not. I know the chargers beat the Bucs but the Bucs are still ahead of the chargers. I know them Presbyterians beat a couple ahead of them too. I also know GCA is purty good at playing football.....

thats what Pride nose....