Wk.8- McKenzie at Dresden

HevyReturns

It's been five years, since 2014, that these two historic rivalries have played. Last time Rebels won by a TD in a good back & forth game, 35-28. This year, when we play, McKenzie is in 2nd place in their 2A Region 7, while Dresden is in 4th spot in 1A Region 7. Both still have some region games left,  & McKenzie may wind up seeded from 2nd-4th, while Dresden must win both of our remaining games to stay at 4th seed. This will be a great tune-up & test game for both teams to finish out the last part of regular season, but that won't mean either squad will hold back. No way! These teams love to play good, hard, all-out, country-style football, especially against each other. On paper, records, & stats the Rebels should win, probably handily most would say. But you know this blinded-by-fandom homer will say Dresden is gonna rise up & surprise everyone with a win. No score predicted.. but I hope it's a good, clean, back&forth slobber-knocker that goes to the wire, or several OT's with a last-play heroic-miracle effort as Lions win by 1. Mainly wish for no injuries for either team and no out-of-hand emotional craziness as well, just classy, well-executed, hardly any fouls/penalties, with all players giving it everything they have in this game. I expect the stands will be booming because I'm sure both teams are looking forward to renewing their rivalry. So that's my mini-novellette intro & lead-in up to this game. What say others? Let's chat this up & get a "hot" rating! Will the warring Johnny Rebs be getting some Lion pelts for their rugs, or will the hungry Lions be mauling & feasting on these Southern guys? 

Edited by HevyReturns
typos & misspellings

McKenzie by as much as they want. I got to watch two of our games the last two Friday nights and we aren't very good. Both the team and the coaches need to learn how to win. The offensive play calling was absolutely terrible. Against SF we were running 4-8 yards per carry and we get cute and try a flea flicker. Needless to say SF was going the other way after that mess. Then we are in SF territory running down their throats and we throw back to back interceptions. Obion County wasn't much better. I understand the team along with the coaches need to get use to each other but we don't have college caliber players. We could have easily won the OB County game and just barely beat SF. Our kids are being taught to not hit, just hold the guy up until someone can strip the ball. I watched 5 different Lions stay away from a good tackle which resulted in big gains as the opposing teams just ran away. Maybe I'm just old school and not fond of the wussification that football is going through these days.