Brad Lee vizits tha Skeetur (offishual thread)

STARSNBARS

On 10/7/2019 at 2:35 PM, matback said:

ND Mike (stop) Cofer played in the 1978 game against Rule on Halloween night! I remember it well!

Yep , Mike Cofer was on the Rule High team in 1978 that played at Maryville . We had heard all year how Great they were and all about Mike Cofer ... I believe that was the most Fired up for a regular season game we had while I was there , and I believe that's why we won 30-0 after David Reed got things going with a TD on the KickOff . David Reed could fly and I remember watching the Video of that KickOff return and Mike Cofer had to come from the other side of the Field and would of caught David if he had to run 5 more yards . Mike Cofer very well could of been the Most Athletic person ever on that Field ... But i'm Biased towards Danny Spradlin because seeing him every day in practice was a highlight for everyone who played back then . Spradlin as a senior this year would still be a top 10 recruit in high school in my opinion , his size , speed and Strength would still be freakish , so you can just imagine how he was to everyone in 1976-1977 !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

When they were at A-E, it was AAA out of three classes. They were in the same District as Heritage. Maybe the best to play at Jack Renfro instead of Jim Renfro.

My cousin who played for Maryville in the 80's said they played A-E back then. They put us out of the playoffs more than once during the Story era.

17 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

My cousin who played for Maryville in the 80's said they played A-E back then. They put us out of the playoffs more than once during the Story era.

They did play A-E in 1983 (MHS 7 A-E 13), 1984  (MHS 28 A-E 14) , 1985 (MHS 0 A-E 3), and 1986 (MHS 8 A-E 33) and in the playoffs  (MHS 3 A-E 21) but Reggie and Raleigh graduated in 1981 (1980 football season)*

*Reggie McKenzie was valedictorian of his 1981 graduating class.[3]

Edited by Red Rebels
I like to type stuff here.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

They did play A-E in 1983 (MHS 7 A-E 13), 1984  (MHS 28 A-E 14) , 1985 (MHS 0 A-E 3), and 1986 (MHS 8 A-E 33) and in the playoffs  (MHS 3 A-E 21) but Reggie a Raleigh graduated in 1981 (1980 football season)*

*Reggie McKenzie was valedictorian of his 1981 graduating class.[3]

Ewe ere correck RR......When'st Mairvul played A-E inn tha earlee - midd 80's they were att thair best......Leroy Thompson, Monrico Hall, Von Reeves, Joey Smith and tha rest ov thait crew.....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1