Hampton Heads to Cloudland Round 2

uknoit2

34 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Lots has transpired since our last meeting and this one is on the mountain. How was Clands first game with new coach? I know they beat Unaka, but how did it seem to flow? How healthy are both teams?

Potter ain't really a new coach.  He's been around cland football for 30 years.  I bet no one cusses him.  I'm hoping it was just a lack of respect for White.  No disrespect, but he just wasn't very good in that role.  As far as a player cussing a coach,  there is never a good enough reason for a student to do that.  I've pictured myself as a principal or school board member and how I would've handled the situation.  I would have held a meeting with everyone and made myself very clear that kids DO NOT dictate to adults.  WE dictate to you.  I would shut the program completely down if everyone couldn't get on board with the law.  I've heard different things from different people but at the end of the day,  its the adults who are in charge. 

As far as this game,  I think cland will put up more of a fight.  They seem to be reenergized.  Hampton has too many weapons and our lack of work in the offseason will once again be the downfall in this game.  You made the comment last time that we hit you all hard.  My definition of hard hitting is hitting the runner at the line of scrimmage, not 10 yards down field.  If those players back there are having to do the hitting,  then the team as whole is not hitting hard.  We shall see. 

• Like 1

Has he ever had the reigns tho? It's one thing to "help", it's another to call the shots! Speaking of calling the shots, I went to sight in my new AR scope and I got to shoot the 500 Magnum today with 1,000 grain ammo....MAAAAAAN! Now I know why they call it the "Bear Gun"

Edited by uknoit2

45 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Has he ever had the reigns tho? It's one thing to "help", it's another to call the shots! Speaking of calling the shots, I went to sight in my new AR scope and I got to shoot the 500 Magnum today with 1,000 grain ammo....MAAAAAAN! Now I know why they call it the "Bear Gun"

You terrorist!!! You white supremacist!!!! I'm offended!!!  Please sniff my neck mr. biden.  It relieves my fears :wink:

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

You terrorist!!! You white supremacist!!!! I'm offended!!!  Please sniff my neck mr. biden.  It relieves my fears :wink:

U know I couldn't care less what a liberal would think LOL...I disliked Walmart already but them clearing out all their high-cal ammo did it for me! But I can understand so seeing that ammo just walks off the shelf and shoots people :roll:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IMDog said:

Holy cow this one could get outa hand quick,if the coaches want to but I figure they'll have some mercy.I like old Scott potter he's a pretty good guy,he actually did better with the jr high than I thought they'd do but this is a whole new animal.

It could, but I hope we show up expecting a battle...I don't expect Cland to step aside for us at home  

8 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

It could, but I hope we show up expecting a battle...I don't expect Cland to step aside for us at home  

Law dog you better step aside or we'll tear you apart!!  You go first, uknoit!!  Your friends might get me in a rush but not before I make your head into a canoe.  :roflol:

8 hours ago, IMDog said:

Holy cow this one could get outa hand quick,if the coaches want to but I figure they'll have some mercy.I like old Scott potter he's a pretty good guy,he actually did better with the jr high than I thought they'd do but this is a whole new animal.

It would not be smart to run up the score.  There are people around here that are on the edge.  If its 42-0 at halftime again, let the clock run in the 2nd half and no more scoring.  It could happen again but I think cland will play much better this go around.  Hampton may have to grind a 42-0 win through 4 quarters this time.  Our lack of speed on the D-line has killed us against the run this year.  We just can't fill the gaps, plug the middle, string plays out to the sideline,  run people down in the backfield,  generate a consistent pass rush.  Our LB's and DB's have played as well as they can against the run.  I think the Line is playing their butts off to the best of their ability.  Everyone is giving their all for cland football on the field of play.  Those boys deserve respect for playing hard every Friday night.  Its a hard pill to swallow and old king's throat has gotten big through 42 years of ups and downs,  but sometimes the talent on the other side of the ball is too much to overcome.  I'm a proud man which is why I respect our boys so much for continuing to show up on Friday night and play their butts off.  I don't think I could handle getting beat like that every week. 

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

It would not be smart to run up the score.  There are people around here that are on the edge.  If its 42-0 at halftime again, let the clock run in the 2nd half and no more scoring.  It could happen again but I think cland will play much better this go around.  Hampton may have to grind a 42-0 win through 4 quarters this time.  Our lack of speed on the D-line has killed us against the run this year.  We just can't fill the gaps, plug the middle, string plays out to the sideline,  run people down in the backfield,  generate a consistent pass rush.  Our LB's and DB's have played as well as they can against the run.  I think the Line is playing their butts off to the best of their ability.  Everyone is giving their all for cland football on the field of play.  Those boys deserve respect for playing hard every Friday night.  Its a hard pill to swallow and old king's throat has gotten big through 42 years of ups and downs,  but sometimes the talent on the other side of the ball is too much to overcome.  I'm a proud man which is why I respect our boys so much for continuing to show up on Friday night and play their butts off.  I don't think I could handle getting beat like that every week. 

Hampton has to take care of Hampton and Same with Cloudland. Hampton is always gonna play the young kids if they can, Its how you build programs and reward kids for showing up every day. Cloudland may keep this one a little closer but just not on the same level.   Don't see it being very close.