Feedback from the Red Bank vs Sweetwater Game

3 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

And I guarantee that the Sweetwater staff knew nothing of that, they are a great group of coaches and MM is a class act.

If the kid plays Fri you will have your answer!NO WAY IS THERE A PLACE FOR THIS IN ANY SPORT!He intentionally tried to injure that young man!!!!He should be REMOVED from the team.

I noticed this happening during the Jamboree and before we played them sent word to a few players to watch out for it before our game happened. Im amazed it took till now for it to be mentioned. The kid doing it has a small frame, but you cant make up for a small frame with knee tackling other players. 

On 10/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, orngnblk said:

If the kid plays Fri you will have your answer!NO WAY IS THERE A PLACE FOR THIS IN ANY SPORT!He intentionally tried to injure that young man!!!!He should be REMOVED from the team.

He made a stupid decision, as 17 yr old young men are prone to doing. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be disciplined, he should be disciplined severely, but removed from the team? I guarantee that kid needs football a lot more than football needs him. It might be the only reason he goes to school. Might be the only way he can get away from a bad situation at home. Might be the only way he can learn and grow from this situation. I can promise you this, unless Coach Martin has changed drastically, that young man won’t get away with a slap on the wrist. 

I read on Twitter that Coach Brown is appealing his suspension, anyone know how that’s gone?

9 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

He made a stupid decision, as 17 yr old young men are prone to doing. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be disciplined, he should be disciplined severely, but removed from the team? I guarantee that kid needs football a lot more than football needs him. It might be the only reason he goes to school. Might be the only way he can get away from a bad situation at home. Might be the only way he can learn and grow from this situation. I can promise you this, unless Coach Martin has changed drastically, that young man won’t get away with a slap on the wrist. 

I read on Twitter that Coach Brown is appealing his suspension, anyone know how that’s gone?

The force this kid was using makes me think he did it solely to hurt the other player.Take another chance and a blown ACL next or worse.No place for that kind of kid on a high school team.I must be old school on this.This aint a rehab center its a public sport.Again no exception in my mind!

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The force this kid was using makes me think he did it solely to hurt the other player.Take another chance and a blown ACL next or worse.No place for that kind of kid on a high school team.I must be old school on this.This aint a rehab center its a public sport.Again no exception in my mind!

Not going to argue keeping or dismissing him at all, and we may just have to agree to disagree, which is fine. I wouldn’t put him back out there until there was absolutely no chance of him doing something stupid like that. And I mean no chance. Zero chance. And maybe he never proves that. And never plays another down. Who knows?

But I’ll argue until my last breath on whether or not football is a rehabilitation opportunity. Is it a privilege that everyone deserves? Absolutely not. But how many young men have gone through the Greenback program and benefited as men because of it? Lessons like adversity, dealing with loss, success, even down to more basic stuff. How to act in public on road games. How to manage a busy schedule. Dealing with stress. The list goes on. You can’t tell me the only lesson in football is how to count by 7’s. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Not going to argue keeping or dismissing him at all, and we may just have to agree to disagree, which is fine. I wouldn’t put him back out there until there was absolutely no chance of him doing something stupid like that. And I mean no chance. Zero chance. And maybe he never proves that. And never plays another down. Who knows?

But I’ll argue until my last breath on whether or not football is a rehabilitation opportunity. Is it a privilege that everyone deserves? Absolutely not. But how many young men have gone through the Greenback program and benefited as men because of it? Lessons like adversity, dealing with loss, success, even down to more basic stuff. How to act in public on road games. How to manage a busy schedule. Dealing with stress. The list goes on. You can’t tell me the only lesson in football is how to count by 7’s. 

Your last paragraph is gospel!I used it for 12 years teaching Sunday school.Best learning experience a young man can have and you hope actions seen in this clip wont ruin for an innocent  player.I agree no arguement,something serious needs to be done we agree.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Didnt think I'd ever give you a +1 but you deserve it. Good post