Springfield (4-2, 2-0) vs Mont Central (6-1, 2-1)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Jackets got healed and got better in some areas during the bye wk. The challenge for the defense will be stopping the run. The Jackets have been hot and cold stopping the run this season. I don’t expect to many passes from MC but they may try to catch the Jackets off guard similar to last season.

Offensively the Jackets really need the ball carriers to take better care of the football and get the running game going bc it has the potential to be pretty good. The goal is to get into the playoffs and Wilson and company know how important every game is from here on out.

I expect both teams to be prepared and this one is going to be a dog fight. I won’t be surprised if it goes either way. My biased pick

Jackets 28

MC 27

Central will be hard for Springfield to bring down this year. Last year was the game of the year, but this year I do believe MC offense is to powerful for the Springfield Defense to stop. MC also has proven their defense can make big stops. They are young but are playing sound football on both sides of the ball. Springfield lost to much talent last year and didn’t get enough back to make this a win. I do look for a hard fought region game though. If MC can avoid getting dreadful penalties then my thoughts are MC 21 Jackets 17

I do believe the Jackets can win this game, but based on what has happened to this point MC should be the favorite at home. The Jackets have play makers who are unproven but play makers none the less. IF the the good version of the defense shows up they get the win...21-17

Edited by Kevin38

1 hour ago, DANR said:

This one could go either way.  Gut feeling is the Jackets strength of schedule pays off.  MC will not be the best team Springfield has seen, but are probably the best team MC has played.  Jackets pull away late.

Maybe on the best team MC has played. CreekWood got a good team. 

The Jackets have to pile on points. The run defense has been terrible this year with every team racking up over 200 yards on the ground against them but station camp. Some cases they have given up 300. I don't see them making alot of stops against this team either. Offense will have to put up points to keep bailing the defense out. 

Numbers of interest. ( doesn’t have anything to do with outcome)

Both teams opponents have an avg 3-4 overall record.

Jackets (including both blowout losses) avg 25 pts a game giving up 28. Jackets avg in region games is 38 giving up 33. 

MC avg points per game is 31 giving up 17. In region they avg 24 giving up 19.

The Jackets have played a tougher non region schedule IMO but MC has played the tougher region schedule up to this point with no common opponents played. Numbers don’t matter alot of times but doesn’t look good on paper for the Jackets.....and yes I know football is not played on paper! Just an observation for discussion since this threads has been slow

8 hours ago, brian2000 said:

Numbers of interest. ( doesn’t have anything to do with outcome)

Both teams opponents have an avg 3-4 overall record.

Jackets (including both blowout losses) avg 25 pts a game giving up 28. Jackets avg in region games is 38 giving up 33. 

MC avg points per game is 31 giving up 17. In region they avg 24 giving up 19.

The Jackets have played a tougher non region schedule IMO but MC has played the tougher region schedule up to this point with no common opponents played. Numbers don’t matter alot of times but doesn’t look good on paper for the Jackets.....and yes I know football is not played on paper! Just an observation for discussion since this threads has been slow

Hope the jackets win.  I think it would help BDP.  Good luck Friday!