Austin East at Gatlinburg Pittman

harley04

A lot of you basing a GP win because AE lost to Webb .  Well sit down and buckle up it’s time to once again prove you all wrong .  We get tired of hearing every year , “7-0 GP will beat AE because they’re undefeated and AE has a few losses!”  That statement is said EVERY YEAR!!! However, it hasn’t happened !  

Edited by Turtle
Typo

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

A lot of you basing an GP because AE lost to Webb .  We’ll sit down and buckle up it’s time to once again prove you all wrong .  We get tired of hearing every year , “7-0 GP will beat AE because they’re undefeated and AE has a few losses!”  That statement is said EVERY YEAR!!! However, it hasn’t happened !  

I always take you all when playing GP cause of your Athletes.I just think its so close this year i give GP points at home and anyone ever playing there knows they have a home field ADVANTAGE!LOL.It it were at AE i take you all.GP is really an unknown they really havent played a decent team other than Hampton and Hampton hasnt played anyone either.So im going with my gut basically.

And your defense gives up a lot of points!

Edited by orngnblk

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I always take you all when playing GP cause of your Athletes.I just think its so close this year i give GP points at home and anyone ever playing there knows they have a home field ADVANTAGE!LOL.It it were at AE i take you all.GP is really an unknown they really havent played a decent team other than Hampton and Hampton hasnt played anyone either.So im going with my gut basically.

Ok, we shall see 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Agree with a lot of what you said. GP is well coached, has some good players in key positions. AE has two great players, #3 and #6 and another burner that can score on any play. Phillips has done a lot of good things with the AE program.

AE has Played 4 x defending 3A state champion Alcoa, 2x defending 4A state champion Greenville, Webb an Fulton 

GP has only played two teams with a winning record 4-2 (2A) Hampton and 4-3 KA. Their other wins are vs 0-6, 0-5, 1-5, 3-3 and 3-3 teams

GP is at home and smart money  says they are the favorite. but if AE comes to play, it will be interesting. GP hasn't see a single athlete this year as good as Foster or Ligon.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Agree with a lot of what you said. GP is well coached, has some good players in key positions. AE has two great players, #3 and #6 and another burner that can score on any play. Phillips has done a lot of good things with the AE program.

AE has Played 4 x defending 3A state champion Alcoa, 2x defending 4A state champion Greenville, Webb an Fulton 

GP has only played two teams with a winning record 4-2 (2A) Hampton and 4-3 KA. Their other wins are vs 0-6, 0-5, 1-5, 3-3 and 3-3 teams

GP is at home and smart money  says they are the favorite. but if AE comes to play, it will be interesting. GP hasn't see a single athlete this year as good as Foster or Ligon.

I agree whole heartedly!Only reason im going with GP is home field,we have played there and won but it was a mess!!!AE has played the schedule to give them an edge in that department.GP has very good coaching and alot of confidence but lack the athletes.If it were at AE i probably pick AE by a couple or more.I do think AE is more than capable of winning to be clear.That Benny Hammond mystique is what has me swayed.lol.Also when we beat them it was kinda the same way we had a couple better athletes on the field.

Edited by orngnblk

I totally agree with everything thats been said, our team hasn't been tested. They have only played till half time until PF game he left them in most of game because of that reason. I've been watching the GP/AE games forever, We have never been able too match up with them.:mrgreen: But maybe this year.