Giles County @ Marshall County

Lead

Giles County with an impressive drive to open up the 3rd quarter only to have a field goal attempt blocked. The Tigers take over and have a player ejected on the 3rd play of the drive. Rucker rips off a long run on the very next play and after the ball is spotted the home side lights go out. 

6 minutes ago, 2001Bobcat said:

Bobcats win! 14-10.

Always throw out the records in this series. I think refs were iffy to say the least, but Giles had a game plan to give them a chance late then took advantage. Tigers needed to score a touchdown when they got in the red zone a few times early. 

Edited by mcfan10

1 minute ago, leadfarmer said:

Waiting to see how many penalty yards MC had tonight.

A lot. Would love to see how many called back big plays - the punt return TD and a few other big runs just off the top of my head. Also the phantom facemask on the last drive and lack of late hit on the kick return. 

I'm not one to jump on the officials much but they were suspect tonight. Not saying that that is the reason Giles County won either. They put together a game plan and came in and executed it. If the Tigers want to do anything in the playoffs this year they are going to have to clean up the stupid penalties.  We get about 3 or four personal fouls a game and that's not going to cut it. Osteen also needs to learn when to put points on the board. We have one of the best kickers in the state and you go for it on 4th and goal from the 6 and not let him kick it????? Do that and a field goal wins it in the end. Remember Osteens first year in the first round of the playoffs against Giles County when we had Aaron Medley? Kid could hit from 60+ and with seconds to go before the half he chose to kneel the ball and go to halftime.  The Tigers were getting the ball to start the second half. Why not let Medley try the long field goal? The tigers lost that game by 3. And the coaching blunders continued the next 2 years in the semifinals.  The only tight game i can remember them winning was against East Hamilton in the quarterfinals in 15.  Good win tonight Bobcats.

Edited by leadfarmer

12 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I'm not one to jump on the officials much but they were suspect tonight. Not saying that that is the reason Giles County won either. They put together a game plan and came in and executed it. If the Tigers want to do anything in the playoffs this year they are going to have to clean up the stupid penalties.  We get about 3 or four personal fouls a game and that's not going to cut it. Osteen also needs to learn when to put points on the board. We have one of the best kickers in the state and you go for it on 4th and goal from the 6 and not let him kick it????? Do that and a field goal wins it in the end. Remember Osteens first year when we had Aaron Medley? Kid could hit from 60+ and with seconds to go before the half he chose to kneel the ball and go to halftime.  The Tigers were getting the ball to start the second half. Why not let Medley try the long field goal? The tigers lost that game by 3. And the coaching blunders continued the next 2 years in the semifinals.  The only tight game i can remember them winning was against East Hamilton in the quarterfinals in 15.  Good win tonight Bobcats.

Osteen never had Medley.

And not sure on the coaching blunders in the semifinals? Catholic was an absolute juggernaut with some big time college players. Don’t think there was anything they could’ve done in that one. Central was just a great second half effort by that Central team. 

This staff has had more success than all but those teams from the 80s. Not sure why to start point fingers at them. Tonight is a tough loss, but it’s a team that is still growing and getting better. 

Edited by mcfan10

2 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I'm not one to jump on the officials much but they were suspect tonight. Not saying that that is the reason Giles County won either. They put together a game plan and came in and executed it. If the Tigers want to do anything in the playoffs this year they are going to have to clean up the stupid penalties.  We get about 3 or four personal fouls a game and that's not going to cut it. Osteen also needs to learn when to put points on the board. We have one of the best kickers in the state and you go for it on 4th and goal from the 6 and not let him kick it????? Do that and a field goal wins it in the end. Remember Osteens first year when we had Aaron Medley? Kid could hit from 60+ and with seconds to go before the half he chose to kneel the ball and go to halftime.  The Tigers were getting the ball to start the second half. Why not let Medley try the long field goal? The tigers lost that game by 3. And the coaching blunders continued the next 2 years in the semifinals.  The only tight game i can remember them winning was against East Hamilton in the quarterfinals in 15.  Good win tonight Bobcats.

It was a very sloppy game penalty wise. I always like to see the refs let them play (Except for the kid who threw the punch). I agree some calls were very iffy. They did get the fumble call correct at the end. It’s funny because we had the exact call go against us a few weeks ago at East Nashville. It took the refs over 5 minutes to finally reverse a fumble call against us late in the 4th. Ended up costing us that game. Crazy year for the Bobcats. We will definitely be battle tested come playoff time. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going and get some more guys healthy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, mcfan10 said:

Osteen never had Medley.

And not sure on the coaching blunders in the semifinals? Catholic was an absolute juggernaut with college players everywhere. Don’t think there was anything they could’ve done in that one. Central was just a great second half effort by that Central team. 

This staff has had more success than all but those teams from the 80s. Not sure why to start point fingers at them. Tonight is a tough loss, but it’s a team that is still growing and getting better. 

Osteen had Medley in his first year in 14. It was Medley's senior year. In 15 against Catholic he went for it on 4th and 10 from the 50 on 3 consecutive drives. Catholic turned all that into points. We lost by 19. Why, if you know the other team is that talented, fo you give them a short field and not make them go the length of the field to score? In 16 against Knox Central we had a 24-3 second quarter lead and we try and get cute and start throwing the ball when we had been running it down their throats for almost 2 quarters. Stick with what works. A 2 point win is as good as a 50 point win. 

7 minutes ago, 2001Bobcat said:

It was a very sloppy game penalty wise. I always like to see the refs let them play (Except for the kid who threw the punch). I agree some calls were very iffy. They did get the fumble call correct at the end. It’s funny because we had the exact call go against us a few weeks ago at East Nashville. It took the refs over 5 minutes to finally reverse a fumble call against us late in the 4th. Ended up costing us that game. Crazy year for the Bobcats. We will definitely be battle tested come playoff time. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going and get some more guys healthy. 

I said it earlier in the thread that yall were better than your record suggested.  Yall have played some tough competition for sure.