Giles County @ Marshall County

Lead

2 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

Has anyone ever found out the amount of penalties thrown/called/accepted against Marshall County in this game?  I am really wanting to know. There had to have been a 4, 5, or even 6 to 1 ratio on penalties. 

I believe it was 10 penalties called against MC. Seems low but that is what WJJM said after the game.

4 hours ago, Marshall1969 said:

I believe it was 10 penalties called against MC. Seems low but that is what WJJM said after the game.

When you say called, you mean actually thrown flags or the ones that accepted by Giles County?  I, like yourself, think that that number is low.  It almost felt like on every play there was a flag flying.  

The TSSAA needs to do something about Giles.  Two weeks ago at Whites Creek they had to stop the game with about 4:00 remaining because their kids were so out of control on the field.  Their coach is a cheater and it's been proven time and time again.  They are always involved with sketchy stuff.  It's a shame.  

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, 79Bobcat said:

There doesn’t seem to be any discussion about MC players throwing bottles and stuff out of their bus at Giles county fans as they left the parking lot Friday night Love my tigers??? Are you going to be willing to suspend your players like OC and administration did? Plus the vulgar language and hand signs they used toward player parents standing as they left? Nor the mention that your number 3 wanted to fight long after the game was over. Let’s be balanced in our story. 

Wanted to be sure to tell you how we handled our player, he was dismissed from the team. And the others were suspended a game, so to answer your question of how we would handle this, it’s been handled much harsher than your coaches handled your players destroying property and trying to run us off the road! Obviously I don’t condone vulgar language or hand gestures at parents or throwing trash, but on the “ balanced storytelling part you mentioned “, what our players did seems very minor compared to yours. Just wanted to be clear, so everyone can understand what really happened. I’m personally sick of putting up with Giles antics , would hate to see this rivalry end, because I loved it when I played basketball, but maybe it needs to end.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

Wanted to be sure to tell you how we handled our player, he was dismissed from the team. And the others were suspended a game, so to answer your question of how we would handle this, it’s been handled much harsher than your coaches handled your players destroying property and trying to run us off the road! Obviously I don’t condone vulgar language or hand gestures at parents or throwing trash, but on the “ balanced storytelling part you mentioned “, what our players did seems very minor compared to yours. Just wanted to be clear, so everyone can understand what really happened. I’m personally sick of putting up with Giles antics , would hate to see this rivalry end, because I loved it when I played basketball, but maybe it needs to end.

They always do so much sketchy stuff and get slapped on the wrist.  The TSSAA has done so much worse to others for far less.  Their coach has no discipline and I think he actually encourages it truth be told.  He likes being the bad guy and that's what he uses to get his guys motivated.  It's the wrong way to play high school athletics and they get away with way too much.  All of the Nashville schools that they play get so much bad news about being out of line but Giles is worse than any of them.  

• Thanks 1

Who else remembers the vulgar sign that somebody from Marshall County hung in the front of Giles County’s gym and spray painted male anatomy images in bright orange in the end zone the night before Giles County and Marshall County were suppose to play about 8 years ago?Marshall County has shady characters too.

3 hours ago, bobcat93 said:

Who else remembers the vulgar sign that somebody from Marshall County hung in the front of Giles County’s gym and spray painted male anatomy images in bright orange in the end zone the night before Giles County and Marshall County were suppose to play about 8 years ago?Marshall County has shady characters too.

I do remember that all happening, Marshall kids did hang the banner but remember the Giles kids were actually the ones responsible for the spray painted anatomy parts because they had video of the Giles kids buying spray paint at Walmart. So the kids admitted they did it, now I also remember Giles painting “Giles County gonna kick that azz” over our Tiger head on our field about 10 years ago and we didn’t find out about it til right before game so we spray painted black over it, that looked terrible! I’ve been around a long  time and have seen a lot of stuff transpire between Marshall and Giles, not saying it’s all one sided at all, but as of lately it’s been downright ugly stuff and this last event on way home from Lawrence County was very dangerous.