Bye Week Talk: How Good is Gallatin?

Gtowner

Gallatin is pretty good. A couple tough games left but I see them winning both by close margins. Hard to tell how they will stack up against one of the Knoxville area teams if they make it that far.

I am glad Gallatin is having the season that they are. I like it when tradition rich schools come out of a bit of a slump and get back on track. Just makes things more interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Gallatin is pretty good. A couple tough games left but I see them winning both by close margins. Hard to tell how they will stack up against one of the Knoxville area teams if they make it that far.

I am glad Gallatin is having the season that they are. I like it when tradition rich schools come out of a bit of a slump and get back on track. Just makes things more interesting.

I don’t know if they beat both or not but I do know that Gallatin is pretty good.  Lots of people have tried to cast doubt about them early on and they have proved otherwise.  I knew as some others did in the spring that this team looked different under Watson.  This staff is very good and the trickle down effect is obvious.  I see Gallatin doing very well not only this year but in the future too.  Lots of talent coming up!  

• Upvote 1

I started seeing changes from the very moment Coach Watson was officially announced, he and the great staff he assembled have absolutely changed the culture, the air surrounding this football team is amazingly different.  It built through spring and summer up to now, they have these kids fully buying in, fully believing in themselves in what they're preaching and teaching.  I started telling people from the very start they were going to see a different football team this year, and look where they are, undefeated with 5 shutouts.  I don't know about these next two games, and I don't know about the playoffs, but I like our chances, because I have personally seen what this team is about, what it's made of, what it's built on.  I felt all along that Gallatin football was headed in the right direction, and it is, I'm as excited as ever to see how this thing winds up this year, and the bright future that's no doubt ahead.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG
  • Upvote 2

Gallatin is finally getting some recognition in the AP poll, for what it's worth. The bye week came at a good time to get some much needed rest and recovery. I would expect some huge gates at the next 2 games. As many have mentioned, the wave cannot overlook Hendersonville. With the rich rivalry between Gallatin and Hendersonville, I have a hard time buying into the trap game theory.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gtowner said:

Gallatin is finally getting some recognition in the AP poll, for what it's worth. The bye week came at a good time to get some much needed rest and recovery. I would expect some huge gates at the next 2 games. As many have mentioned, the wave cannot overlook Hendersonville. With the rich rivalry between Gallatin and Hendersonville, I have a hard time buying into the trap game theory.

Should be a very good crowd next week.  Hendersonville is much better than their record and can be very hard to contain with that wingT.   This rivalry runs deep in both communities and last few times on TV they have flat out embarrassed the Wave.  I see this being a huge grudge match.  Hendersonville would love to put that first loss on Gallatin.