WEST at POWELL 10/11

keepitmoving

1 minute ago, BigTime1950 said:

Yes. His name is Tony Kilgore. He is principal at NW middle. He is an so called offensive consultant for Powell. They have other offensive/defensive consultants at Powell and their kids play at Powell. Also they do have an attorney who files briefs and helps players get eligible. His son plays for Powell. They have it going on at Powell but they won't win the state championship this year.

Who do you think will bring the gold ball home in 5A?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

What do you think administrator's look for when they look at a transfer application? Whether or not the student in question can help the debate team? No, they look if the student can bring something to the school athletically. Knox Co is not an open zone. Kids can request transfers but not every single one is issued. That is why it's so interesting to see the ones that are. This isn't rocket science. Let me ask you this, if Powell is on such solid ground why did the TSSAA have to vacate their wins? How many wins will Powell get to actually keep this year?

This just isn't true.  There is a central office that controls the transfers.  

And Powell vacated their wins because they played an ineligible player. As reported...

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Like I said earlier, IF and WHEN you hear something, it won’t be broke on CoachT. Trust me of that.

Gotcha.  

I'll hang up and listen for your answer over the air.  

By the way, if the rumor involves the kid who quit his team in Blount County, it is completely without merit.  The kid had quit there once before and was talked back.  That's not an issue.  

open-glass-house-1.jpg

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Yes. His name is Tony Kilgore. He is principal at NW middle. He is an so called offensive consultant for Powell. They have other offensive/defensive consultants at Powell and their kids play at Powell. Also they do have an attorney who files briefs and helps players get eligible. His son plays for Powell. They have it going on at Powell but they won't win the state championship this year.

I don't know a Tony Kilgore, but I do know a Tobi Kilgore.  Good guy, good administrator.  But if he is an offensive consultant, then Matt's doing it the wrong way.  Tobi was a defensive guy when he was coaching. 

Besides, do you honestly believe that Matt Lowe is going to hire somebody to consult with his offense?  Matt is one of the best offensive minds in high school football in this area, and he has a tremendous offensive coaching staff.  That is just an insane notion.  

And if Powell has a staff attorney who is filing briefs, then they are way ahead of everybody else.  :rolleyes:

Look.  Don't believe everything you hear.  Who would an attorney be filing briefs with?  Do you know what a brief even is?  The courts aren't involved in Knox County Schools making decisions on who does and doesn't qualify for a transfer.  That's done by Central Office personnel.  

Some of you folks really need to get a grip.  

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Gotcha.  

I'll hang up and listen for your answer over the air.  

By the way, if the rumor involves the kid who quit his team in Blount County, it is completely without merit.  The kid had quit there once before and was talked back.  That's not an issue.  

open-glass-house-1.jpg

Never said I was the one who would make the call, but I’d beware of it if I was Powell. You don’t just take one of the two HS football Mega Powers players and nothing gets said about it, no matter how he “left.” HTV you say you have nothing to do with Powell anymore and for the most part I believe you. However you seem very sensitive every time, Not just from me, but if anyone mentions Powell and recruiting. If you aren’t working for or associated with them anymore why do you care so much? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Never said I was the one who would make the call, but I’d beware of it if I was Powell. You don’t just take one of the two HS football Mega Powers players and nothing gets said about it, no matter how he “left.” HTV you say you have nothing to do with Powell anymore and for the most part I believe you. However you seem very sensitive every time, Not just from me, but if anyone mentions Powell and recruiting. If you aren’t working for or associated with them anymore why do you care so much? 

He lives in the Powell zone. He can enroll there no questions asked. And he isn't eligible to play football there. It's not an issue.  

Why do I care? Because there are so many fingers being pointed at Powell right now by the same people whose schools have been playing the game for years. It's just plain hypocritical.  Some are butthurt because they are being outworked and feel like they need excuses. 

And I wouldn't feel any differently if Central was being accused of wrongdoing without anything of substance behind it. I would say the same thing. I simply have a problem with the holier than thou attitudes and hypocrisy of some of the finger pointers. 

22 hours ago, HTV said:

Calm down.  I wasn't even thinking of Oak Ridge when I made the statement.  I don't have any beef with Oak Ridge.  In fact, I have always had respect for that school.  

But there have been out of zone kids come to Oak Ridge who have played football and other sports.  That's just fact.  One of the best football players you guys had in this century went to middle school with my son and his family didn't move to Oak Ridge until his 2nd or 3rd year of high school.  

And as I have said before, yes, Powell has transfers from other schools in Knox County.  So does every other school in Knox County.  As long as a student starts high school at a particular school he/she is eligible.  Otherwise, TSSAA transfer/residency rules have to be met.  

This whole discussion is just sour grapes.  Period.  

That saying about what happens when one points a finger comes to mind about now.  

Who lol??! 

22 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

What does last year have to do with this year?  Powell is just fine.  Powell beat West last year pretty easily without said illegal running back, at West.  What has changed between the 2 teams since last year.  Powell still doesn't have the said back (out with injury) and Powell has added more depth in off season than West!  West returns basically the same team from last year.  So it makes no sense that West will win this game IMO. 

Oh the running back is out with the leg injury still? I thought number 7 was him? He’s played in last couple of games