WEST at POWELL 10/11

keepitmoving

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

Horrible play call! Why run it to number 7 side! West qb jacked game they would have won in regulation with no fumble! See you guys next week at wildcat arena

Webster’s defines a troll as:

in stories : a creature that looks like a very large or very small ugly person

2  computers : a person who tries to cause problems on an Internet message board by posting messages that cause other people to argue, become angry, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

275 yards of offense for both .  Hopefully they take care of business and we can try round 2.  Love the 2 point call - great play by Powell defender to stand him up short of the goal. Big win for your Panthers.

I thought it was the right call to go for two, and I think you had a good play called. When the ball was snapped, I thought your back was going to walk in. Defender made a play and filled that gap.

Looking forward to a potential rematch. Let's hope we get to see it!

I said earlier that penalties and turnovers could determine the outcome. The officiating was terrible, but the officials didn't cause the turnovers. Hard fought play did. Being a fan who's team has been to two state championship games and a semifinal game in the last 3 years I must say (and yes, I went to the Powell/West game) this game was a state championship level game. These two teams are for real. W. Tenn. teams will have their hands full with whomever comes out of the east. I'm not trying to step on any toes with West TN fans, just basing my opinion on what I've seen the past three years. I know fans want to get on here and rip the officiating, but what you actually saw was two very, very good teams pound each other. Good luck to both teams in their quarter final rematch.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MeritIII said:

Webster’s defines a troll as:

in stories : a creature that looks like a very large or very small ugly person

2  computers : a person who tries to cause problems on an Internet message board by posting messages that cause other people to argue, become angry, etc.

Lol hilarious! I’m no fan of either.. I’m just saying I wouldn’t have ran to big number 7 at line backer side! I would have went for 2 of course but I would have sent 12 in motion faked it handed to 2 going right

Great game by both teams and lived up to the hype. I have to give credit to both teams on the last play, West for going for the win and Powell for stopping it. Sadly, the refs out shined both teams and walked away the MVP. Cornbread does not need to be involved in TSSAA or officiating in youth sports on any level. 

41 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Great game by both teams and lived up to the hype. I have to give credit to both teams on the last play, West for going for the win and Powell for stopping it. Sadly, the refs out shined both teams and walked away the MVP. Cornbread does not need to be involved in TSSAA or officiating in youth sports on any level. 

Cornbread is still reffing?? He should be banned from the TSSAA. His whole crew is awful. The TSSAA needs to do a better job at finding qualified refs. This is the 3rd different message board i've been on that has stated terrible officiating from last week. 

7 minutes ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Cornbread is still reffing?? He should be banned from the TSSAA. His whole crew is awful. The TSSAA needs to do a better job at finding qualified refs. This is the 3rd different message board i've been on that has stated terrible officiating from last week. 

TSSAA is still dealing with a ref shortage, so that probably doesn't help.

20 minutes ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Yes he put on a show Friday night. 

On 10/19/2019 at 4:06 PM, dawgs82 said:

???????????????????????

What do you want me to say??? I was wrong??? I admit when I am wrong. Sounds like it was a great game. Hate I missed it as I was in Campbell County. Look forward to round 2 if they both can get there. How did the 6 D-1 WR’s and 3 D-1 RB’s play for Powell?