WEST at POWELL 10/11

keepitmoving

1 minute ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I don't think the 'everyone else has done it at some point so it is okay' argument has any validity. I'm sorry but I don't get fooled by an upside down visor to distract me from what is really going on. It is no coincidence that Fulton goes absolutely belly up and Powell all of a sudden is relevant again. The sad thing is that isn't the only zone Powell is robbing from. We can't forget that they had to vacate wins less than a year ago because of recruiting. I wonder how many West players Powell will use this year to beat them.

Your name is appropriate.  You are out in left field on this one.  

It's not an "everyone else has done it" thing.  It's a Knox County transfer rule issue thing.  Students can't transfer from one zone to another without going through proper channels and getting a legit transfer.  

Using your logic, the powers that be at Knox County would only be giving transfers to Powell.  There are also kids transferring from Powell to other schools in the county, too.  That goes both ways.  

Again, I challenge those pointing the finger to tell me exactly what you believe Powell is doing that others in the county aren't.  Please include specifics and why they are violating Knox County and/or TSSAA rules.  

No innuendo.  Specifics, please.  

• Upvote 1

What do you think administrator's look for when they look at a transfer application? Whether or not the student in question can help the debate team? No, they look if the student can bring something to the school athletically. Knox Co is not an open zone. Kids can request transfers but not every single one is issued. That is why it's so interesting to see the ones that are. This isn't rocket science. Let me ask you this, if Powell is on such solid ground why did the TSSAA have to vacate their wins? How many wins will Powell get to actually keep this year?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HTV said:

Calm down.  I wasn't even thinking of Oak Ridge when I made the statement.  I don't have any beef with Oak Ridge.  In fact, I have always had respect for that school.  

I'm calm. lol.  I just said Pal has players from all over the county and surrounding areas.  That is true.  I didn't say anything about how they got them.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

I feel like you are referencing me with your statement. I will wear that shoe. There is one middle school in this town that feeds several high schools. That school allows one school in with open arms(I think you know exactly what I am referring to). The rest of the high schools are not as welcomed. Period! I have zero issue where an incoming 9th grader goes to school. I am all for school choice! I have a lot of issues when it is blatant favoritism towards one high school. You can call it what you wish. 

As for the game at hand.....

14+ Powell

And an administrator in that middle school just told me that what you assert is a flat out lie, by the way.  All of the schools that those kids zone out to have had folks at that school or they have been given opportunity to be and chose not to, according to what he told me.  

Edited by HTV

14 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

What do you think administrator's look for when they look at a transfer application? Whether or not the student in question can help the debate team? No, they look if the student can bring something to the school athletically. Knox Co is not an open zone. Kids can request transfers but not every single one is issued. That is why it's so interesting to see the ones that are. This isn't rocket science. Let me ask you this, if Powell is on such solid ground why did the TSSAA have to vacate their wins? How many wins will Powell get to actually keep this year?

Hello, McFly - the administrators at the individual schools don't grant the transfers.  That comes from central office, and it's the same group that makes decisions for every school, not just Powell.  

Transfers are given for a lot of reasons.  Transfer students do participate in a lot of different activities, not just athletics.  

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

Hello, McFly - the administrators at the individual schools don't grant the transfers.  That comes from central office, and it's the same group that makes decisions for every school, not just Powell.  

Transfers are given for a lot of reasons.  Transfer students do participate in a lot of different activities, not just athletics.  

:roflolk::roflol::roflolk:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HTV said:

And an administrator in that middle school just told me that what you assert is a flat out lie, by the way.  All of the schools that those kids zone out to have had folks at that school or they have been given opportunity to be and chose not to, according to what he told me.  

Is that the same middle school administrator that sits in the box on Friday nights at Powell??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I'm pulling for Knox West in this one. That program is one that has had some success in the past and I have been a fan of Lamar Brown since he followed in the great Don Woods' footsteps in Morristown. Powell has rattled off convincing win after convincing win. It truly is remarkable how Lowe has turned that program around in such a short period of time. I'm praying this will be a competitive ball game. All that being said I do think Powell will win this one. Whether or not they get to keep the win: your guess is as good as mine. Powell had to vacate a few wins last year due to sketchy recruiting practices. I don't know why this year would be any different. A tiger doesn't change his stripes and neither does a panther if his name is Matt Lowe.

What does last year have to do with this year?  Powell is just fine.  Powell beat West last year pretty easily without said illegal running back, at West.  What has changed between the 2 teams since last year.  Powell still doesn't have the said back (out with injury) and Powell has added more depth in off season than West!  West returns basically the same team from last year.  So it makes no sense that West will win this game IMO. 

19 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Is that the same middle school administrator that sits in the box on Friday nights at Powell??

Can't tell you.  I haven't been to a Powell home game in three years.  In fact, I've been to more Fulton games over that period of time than I have Powell games.  

And even so, there is no reason to doubt what he says.   

Edited by HTV