3. Greenback

4. Gleason

5. Dresden

6. McEwen

7. Perry Co

8. Bruceton

9. Gordonsville

10. Huntingdon

Does that feel different? Polls don’t mean squat. 

Acually Huntingdon could have beat Bruceton by 100. But no reason for that.

I like this one

On 10/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, Southtowner said:

Class 1A

Record       Pts      Prv

1. South Pittsburg (14)            5-0             199      1

2. Huntingdon (6)                    7-0             191      2

3. Lake County (1)                   6-0             171      3

4. Freedom Prep                      7-0             137      4

5. Fayetteville                           7-0             127      5

6. Greenback                            4-2             96       6

7. Coalfield                                6-1             73       8

8. Monterey                               7-0             53     10

9. Greenfield                              6-1             45       9

10. Cornersville                          4-3             23       7

Others receiving 12 or more points: Copper Basin 18. Clay County 12

I don’t know much about Freedom Prep other than what I’ve read that they seem to getting some talent to play football lately.  However, I believe FP and Fayetteville are pretenders.  Sorry Varo.  I just have seen them supposedly have the best team ever then get mercy ruled by us in the playoffs. I’m not sure they are too much better but I’d put Monterey higher. Here’s my top 5

1. Huntingdon

2. Greenback

3. Lake Co

4. South Pittsburg

5. Monterey

Tie

Fayetteville, Freedom Prep, Coalfield,
Copper Basin <— :ph34r:, Greenfield

14 hours ago, Waker said:

I think it was 50-0 at the half. Was there more to prove?

I agree with that.I said they probably could but didn.t ,But Hunt can do that and pick up 5 first place votes.LC does that and they drop votes.But like 68 said.It doesn't matter.Freedom Pper may sneak in and beat us all.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I agree with that.I said they probably could but didn.t ,But Hunt can do that and pick up 5 first place votes.LC does that and they drop votes.But like 68 said.It doesn't matter.Freedom Pper may sneak in and beat us all.

Anything’s possible. Hard to say with their schedule. Freedom Preps opponents have a combined record of 12-30. LC’s opponent combined 13-26. Huntingdon’s 22-23. That weak schedule Huntingdon plays isn’t looking so bad.

Edited by Waker

11 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I don’t know much about Freedom Prep other than what I’ve read that they seem to getting some talent to play football lately.  However, I believe FP and Fayetteville are pretenders.  Sorry Varo.  I just have seen them supposedly have the best team ever then get mercy ruled by us in the playoffs. I’m not sure they are too much better but I’d put Monterey higher. Here’s my top 5

1. Huntingdon

2. Greenback

3. Lake Co

4. South Pittsburg

5. Monterey

Tie

Fayetteville, Freedom Prep, Coalfield,
Copper Basin <— :ph34r:, Greenfield

You very well may be correct Mike.  There's a big drop off after the top 4 teams and in the number 5 spot there could be a couple or three teams.

As far as Monterey,  I saw some info on them in preseason saying they were returning only 2 starters, so therefore I went with the prohibitive favorite in Gordonsville.  Then @TALMAD clued me in on Monterey, saying they were returning nearly every starter.  Monterey will host Clay Co for the Region 4 title Oct 25 and the loser of that game will most likely be our 2nd round opponent.  Because I believe either of those teams will beat our 3 seed Sale Creek. 

Most possible outcomes in our Region 3 are:

1. SP

2. CB

3. SC

4. Whitwell/LV

Most possible outcomes Region 4:

1. Monterey

2. Clay Co

3.Gordy/JB winner

4. Gordy/JB loser

I can't really pick a winner between Gordonsville/Jo Byrns at this moment.  Looks like a toss up to me.  The winner gets @ Copper Basin and the loser gets @ SP.

So, looking forward I'll say our playoff lineup will look like *Jo Byrns, Clay Co, **Monterey all at SP then on to Greenback.

* =  could be Gordonsville. 

** = could be Copper Basin.

EDIT:  you can interchange Clay and Monterey.  

Edited by Southtowner
Oops

3 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Hey Bigster,  looking at some poll numbers here for what it's worth.  Since you're thinking Lake is dropping votes.

I'm gonna lay out each week of the AP poll numbers for Lake County.  I would say that yall have fairly well maintained your ranking from week 1 through week 7. 

Week 1: Placed 3rd. Two first place votes.  113 votes.  15 voters.  Avg 7.5 per voter.

Week 2: Placed 3rd.  One first place vote.  132 votes.  16 voters.  Avg 8.25 per voter.

Week 3: Placed 3rd.  Two first place votes.  141 votes.  18 voters.  Avg 7.83 per voter.

Week 4: Placed 3rd.  One first place vote.  145 votes.  18 voters.  Avg 8.05 per voter.

Week 5:  Placed 3rd.  One first place vote.  144 votes.  18 voters.   Avg 8.0 per voter.

Week 6:  Placed 3rd.   One first place vote.  138 votes.   17 voters.  Avg 8.11 per voter.

Week 7:  Placed 3rd.  One first place vote.  171 votes.   21 voters.  Avg 8.14 per voter. 

Just some numbers.  Looks steady to me.

And for the record:

I've had Lake County ranked 3 of the 7 weeks at #1.   

Huntingdon #1 for 2 of the 7 weeks.

SP #1 for 2 of the 7 weeks.

And Greenback was my preseason #1.

All 4 teams have spent time at #1 on the SouthTown top 10.  

Everything looks fairly even and fair up to this point.  4 really good teams.  

• Like 2