AP CLASS 1A POLL OCT 7, 2019

Southtowner

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You very well may be correct Mike.  There's a big drop off after the top 4 teams and in the number 5 spot there could be a couple or three teams.

As far as Monterey,  I saw some info on them in preseason saying they were returning only 2 starters, so therefore I went with the prohibitive favorite in Gordonsville.  Then @TALMAD clued me in on Monterey, saying they were returning nearly every starter.  Monterey will host Clay Co for the Region 4 title Oct 25 and the loser of that game will most likely be our 2nd round opponent.  Because I believe either of those teams will beat our 3 seed Sale Creek. 

Most possible outcomes in our Region 3 are:

1. SP

2. CB

3. SC

4. Whitwell/LV

Most possible outcomes Region 4:

1. Monterey

2. Clay Co

3.Gordy/JB winner

4. Gordy/JB loser

I can't really pick a winner between Gordonsville/Jo Byrns at this moment.  Looks like a toss up to me.  The winner gets @ Copper Basin and the loser gets @ SP.

So, looking forward I'll say our playoff lineup will look like *Jo Byrns, Clay Co, **Monterey all at SP then on to Greenback.

* =  could be Gordonsville. 

** = could be Copper Basin.

EDIT:  you can interchange Clay and Monterey.  

I believe u will see Monterey in the Qtr finals. I am going to watch them play Bledsoe Friday and that will tell me more. As for Sale Creek, Monterey already played them and LV and I think Monterey and Copper Basin would be a great game! Neither will stay within sight of SP! Maybe keep it decent for a half but Pirates will end with a pretty good margin.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:00 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I don’t know much about Freedom Prep other than what I’ve read that they seem to getting some talent to play football lately.  However, I believe FP and Fayetteville are pretenders.  Sorry Varo.  I just have seen them supposedly have the best team ever then get mercy ruled by us in the playoffs. I’m not sure they are too much better but I’d put Monterey higher. Here’s my top 5

1. Huntingdon

2. Greenback

3. Lake Co

4. South Pittsburg

5. Monterey

Tie

Fayetteville, Freedom Prep, Coalfield,
Copper Basin <— :ph34r:, Greenfield

Don't apologize.  Back in the day, when we surprised lots of folks to even get to second and third rounds we had high hopes and expectations of being able to run with the big dogs.  We were a relatively young team and our boys didn't handle the added pressure well.  Historically, we self-imploded and didn't make it worth the price of admission.  For what it's worth, this team has a different mind set and they believe we do belong with the traditional powerhouses.  Our last three games on the schedule--@ Gordonsville, home vs Whitwell, and finally, @ Sale Creek will help us in the long run.  And, having a bye week this week will allow us some recovery time for nagging injuries we have suffered so far this year.

3 minutes ago, Varo said:

Don't apologize.  Back in the day, when we surprised lots of folks to even get to second and third rounds we had high hopes and expectations of being able to run with the big dogs.  We were a relatively young team and our boys didn't handle the added pressure well.  Historically, we self-imploded and didn't make it worth the price of admission.  For what it's worth, this team has a different mind set and they believe we do belong with the traditional powerhouses.  Our last three games on the schedule--@ Gordonsville, home vs Whitwell, and finally, @ Sale Creek will help us in the long run.  And, having a bye week this week will allow us some recovery time for nagging injuries we have suffered so far this year.

Varo,   continued prayers for Tate's family, friends and the Fayetteville team and community.   

5 minutes ago, Varo said:

You will be favored in all 3 games.  If I had to guess yall would drop one then it would be at Gordonsville.    Good luck on yalls side of the bracket.

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Varo,   continued prayers for Tate's family, friends and the Fayetteville team and community.   

Much appreciated, by his immediate and extended family.  The Celebration of Life ceremony this morning was to say the least, heartbreaking and emotional, but also very uplifting as well.  He was a very likeable young man, and made quite a memorable impact in so many people's lives in his short time with us.  Not a dry eye in the house, especially when his teammates filed in wearing their jerseys.  

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 5:43 PM, Waker said:

Here ya go....

1. Lake co

2. S Pitt

3. Greenback

4. Gleason

5. Dresden

6. McEwen

7. Perry Co

8. Bruceton

9. Gordonsville

10. Huntingdon

Does that feel different? Polls don’t mean squat. 

Acually Huntingdon could have beat Bruceton by 100. But no reason for that.

I like this !!!! First time Dresden has been top 5 since the gold ball. 

9 hours ago, Varo said:

You gonna come watch our game with Meigs tomorrow?