2019-20 Dream Match-ups - BIG GUYS

615Wrestling

HWT: Ryan Jackson (II) Sr vs. James Howard (II) Fr - Jackson gave Gore all he wanted in the State finals last year.  James Howard is a Freshman phenom that made some serious noise in Fargo.  I think early edge would go to Jackson because of age.  Likely won't see this match-up until the State finals.

220: Al Wooten (II) Sr vs. Skylar Coffey (AAA) Sr. - These are 2 certifiable beasts.  Arguably the 2 most physically impressive wrestlers in the state.  The edge goes to Coffey with his placement at NHSCA in the spring.  Not sure if these 2 will meet this season but would be a great match to watch.  If you haven't seen it, go look at Coffey on Twitter squatting well over 500 pounds

Coffey (AAA) Sr. vs. Parker Petersen (II) Jr. - This has the potential to be a great in season match-up.  Word is Petersen is wrestling 195 but he looks much bigger than that.  He presents a stylistic challenge for Coffey with his length.  Petersen doesn't back down from anyone and this may shock Coffey  Petersen wrestled 220 at Junior duals and was very competitive against some of the better kids.  Coach Simpson likes to wrestle kids up so don't be surprised if you see this match a couple of times this season.  Edge goes to Coffey with his GROWN MAN strength.

195: Parker Petersen (II) Jr. vs. David Harper (II) So. - This may be one of the more anticipated rivalry matches of the season.  Both are in the mix Nationally at 195.  Personally this is one of the can't miss matches this season for the big guys.  I give the early edge to Harper because he has been wrestling during football season.  Petersen will spoil his bid to become a 4-timer in the State finals.

Ashton Davis (AAA) So. vs. Petersen (II) Jr. - Tennessee has some good, nationally ranked kids at the heavier weights.  This will be an early season match that will effect FloWrestling's BigBoard at 195.  These 2 will wrestle very early in the season.  Davis is a Fargo AA but I believe Petersen's style will present a challenge.  I think Davis has the edge here

Ashton Davis (AAA) So. vs. David Harper (II) So - Another can't miss early season match.  This comes down to very similar wrestlers with an excellent skill level at a young age.  Harper handles Davis in their early season match.

182Brooks Sacharczyk (AAA) Sr. vs. Connor Duffey (II) Sr. - I'm not sure if this match will happen but having watched the 2 of them wrestle it would be a good one.  Antcliffe handled both of them last year by about the same score.  Antcliffe is on to college.  These 2 will easily handle the rest of the state at 182

Connor Duffey (II) Sr. vs. Gavin Cagle (II) Jr - This could be the match of the season at 182 if Cagle bumps up.  I think Cagle's strength and aggressiveness take Duffy down.  If McCallie wants to beat Baylor this season, they need Cagle to be at 182.  My prediction is that Cagle wins by fall early in the season and it's a little closer at State dual tourney.  Duffey appeared to be out of shape early in the season last year.  He definitely picked it up later in the year.  He is on the fringe of being ranked nationally.

3 hours ago, 615Wrestling said:

HWT: Ryan Jackson (II) Sr vs. James Howard (II) Fr - Jackson gave Gore all he wanted in the State finals last year.  James Howard is a Freshman phenom that made some serious noise in Fargo.  I think early edge would go to Jackson because of age.  Likely won't see this match-up until the State finals.

220: Al Wooten (II) Sr vs. Skylar Coffey (AAA) Sr. - These are 2 certifiable beasts.  Arguably the 2 most physically impressive wrestlers in the state.  The edge goes to Coffey with his placement at NHSCA in the spring.  Not sure if these 2 will meet this season but would be a great match to watch.  If you haven't seen it, go look at Coffey on Twitter squatting well over 500 pounds

Coffey (AAA) Sr. vs. Parker Petersen (II) Jr. - This has the potential to be a great in season match-up.  Word is Petersen is wrestling 195 but he looks much bigger than that.  He presents a stylistic challenge for Coffey with his length.  Petersen doesn't back down from anyone and this may shock Coffey  Petersen wrestled 220 at Junior duals and was very competitive against some of the better kids.  Coach Simpson likes to wrestle kids up so don't be surprised if you see this match a couple of times this season.  Edge goes to Coffey with his GROWN MAN strength.

195: Parker Petersen (II) Jr. vs. David Harper (II) So. - This may be one of the more anticipated rivalry matches of the season.  Both are in the mix Nationally at 195.  Personally this is one of the can't miss matches this season for the big guys.  I give the early edge to Harper because he has been wrestling during football season.  Petersen will spoil his bid to become a 4-timer in the State finals.

Ashton Davis (AAA) So. vs. Petersen (II) Jr. - Tennessee has some good, nationally ranked kids at the heavier weights.  This will be an early season match that will effect FloWrestling's BigBoard at 195.  These 2 will wrestle very early in the season.  Davis is a Fargo AA but I believe Petersen's style will present a challenge.  I think Davis has the edge here

Ashton Davis (AAA) So. vs. David Harper (II) So - Another can't miss early season match.  This comes down to very similar wrestlers with an excellent skill level at a young age.  Harper handles Davis in their early season match.

182Brooks Sacharczyk (AAA) Sr. vs. Connor Duffey (II) Sr. - I'm not sure if this match will happen but having watched the 2 of them wrestle it would be a good one.  Antcliffe handled both of them last year by about the same score.  Antcliffe is on to college.  These 2 will easily handle the rest of the state at 182

Connor Duffey (II) Sr. vs. Gavin Cagle (II) Jr - This could be the match of the season at 182 if Cagle bumps up.  I think Cagle's strength and aggressiveness take Duffy down.  If McCallie wants to beat Baylor this season, they need Cagle to be at 182.  My prediction is that Cagle wins by fall early in the season and it's a little closer at State dual tourney.  Duffey appeared to be out of shape early in the season last year.  He definitely picked it up later in the year.  He is on the fringe of being ranked nationally.

James Howard despite only being a 1st year cadet has broken every major lifting record at McCallie including squatting well over 500 pounds too. He will be tough to beat. 

Skyler Coffey is signed up for super 32 at 285 so it’s doubtful he will face Wooten and Definitely not Peterson this season. 

Peterson v Harper is going to be one heck of a rivalry this season.  I’m not sure how this one turns out.  Ashton is a stud but as a 1st year cadet he isn’t as physically mature as either Harper or Peterson yet. Amazing that TN has 3 kids at 195 that could end up being nationally ranked. 

Duffy is at 220 so he won’t face Brooks and Definitely not Gagle.  Duffy v Wooten will be a heck of a match if Duffy can make it through an entire season healthy. For 2nd straight season Duffy is coming into the season off a major surgery.  

Cagle is at 170 and it won’t matter if he was at 182.  Nobody in the state matches up with Baylor this year in the team race.