Nashville Christian at Fayette Academy

Eagle9019

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FA offense more potent than USJ but USJ defense is better than FA.  if you look at last weeks scores and turnover situation then NC is going to have to score a lot of points to keep this one close.    FA has 3 different players with more than 300 yards rushing.  Spreading the wealth is a necessity in this newly formed league for scouting purposes.      

NCS played a good game against USJ, both teams benefited from each others miscues and lucky bounces/deflections of the ball.  When FA played JCS, there were several miscues by FA in the red zone that cost them 3 scores and despite taking the best shot (out of desperation) from JCS (several onside kicks, going for it on 4th down multiple times during the game) still managed to win the game.  In this weeks upcoming game, miscues will be costly.  This is gonna be a good un.

I believe that NCS will be severely tested by Fayette Academy. Fayette Academy quarterback is preseason All-State for a reason. Solid with his arm and solid with his feet. Very Shifty and strong as well. They also have a couple of running backs that will get after it as well. I thought their hand fakes and deception was top notch against TCA. Their offensive and defensive lines are big and strong. On top of that they can also move. They are not just big slow plowboys that you can wear out. I see this game is being a real Donnybrook. I don't know how well NCS fans travel, but I will say the visitors seating is limited. The people at Fayette Academy are good hosts and you will be treated well. Be advised that if you go to the McDonald's after the game the drive-thru is painfully slow.

23 hours ago, USJalum88 said:

Eagle9019 did you make it to the USJ game or watched it?  I would like your thoughts.

NCS is physical enough to hold it is own against Fayette.  If the NCS qb plays as well as he did against USJ i think NCS gets the win. 

I did see the game a couple times. McClary played his best game thus far, by a wide margin. Hopefully that will be a trend going forward. We are strong in the middle of the defensive line but tend to get burned coming forward to hard off the line. Linebacker play has been much improved compared  to weeks 1-2. I still think the key will be containing Fayette’s QB when the field widens up for him to run, letting our D get off the field. Also hope we give some resistance at the line of scrimmage with the DB’s. Have to disrupt routes and keep the receivers from running free. Shocked if this one is not a high scoring game. 

Bring your poncho...it is supposed to rain rain rain.  Given the forecast for game time, you won't see a bunch of gun slinging from either side.  Expect a heavy dose of the run game from both sides, and taking into consideration the fact that both defenses are good at stopping the run...I predict a low scoring, hard hitting, slug fest.

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Unless something has changed since TCA played at Fayette Academy, the Vikings do not have audio or visual streaming

ReitzFan, please contact me (CABacker) if you can. I have tried to contact you but have not figured out all that I need to do to accomplish that feat. I am old and not well versed in technology.