Baylor visits the Tyner Rams

Ram4Life

Will the roller coaster continue for the Tyner Rams as they host the DIIAAA 4th ranked Baylor Red Raiders?

Has there ever been a four week span in which a team wins a running clock game - 48-0 Marion; Loses a Running clock game - 49-0 Alcoa; wins a running clock game 52-0 Tellico Plains and then potentially loses a running clock game?  With no disrespect to Tyner's remaining three opponents after this Friday, those look to be running clock wins so the potential for 7 straight non-competitive games but being on the losing end of two of them. Just can't imagine that has happened very often but then again it is not often that a 2A team plays 2 teams that Sonny Moore has rated in the top 10 across all classifications in the state.

I'm hoping the Rams can play the very talented and well-coached Baylor squad competitively and at least score some offensive touchdowns.  We have a lot of speed and weapons but nothing they haven't seen or won't be ready for.  Maybe if their coaches or players are napping in between a tough rivalry loss to McCallie and looking ahead to a critical region battle with Knox Catholic we can sneak up on 'um - catch a break here or there and at least make them sweat.

Go Rams!!!

4 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Will the roller coaster continue for the Tyner Rams as they host the DIIAAA 4th ranked Baylor Red Raiders?

Has there ever been a four week span in which a team wins a running clock game - 48-0 Marion; Loses a Running clock game - 49-0 Alcoa; wins a running clock game 52-0 Tellico Plains and then potentially loses a running clock game?  With no disrespect to Tyner's remaining three opponents after this Friday, those look to be running clock wins so the potential for 7 straight non-competitive games but being on the losing end of two of them. Just can't imagine that has happened very often but then again it is not often that a 2A team plays 2 teams that Sonny Moore has rated in the top 10 across all classifications in the state.

I'm hoping the Rams can play the very talented and well-coached Baylor squad competitively and at least score some offensive touchdowns.  We have a lot of speed and weapons but nothing they haven't seen or won't be ready for.  Maybe if their coaches or players are napping in between a tough rivalry loss to McCallie and looking ahead to a critical region battle with Knox Catholic we can sneak up on 'um - catch a break here or there and at least make them sweat.

Go Rams!!!

20191008_111645.thumb.jpg.1300e67219b352fa8168b8260bfaa0b9.jpg

Think this is the highest ranked team I've seen our team play as well. At least in the 6 years I've been watching. Wish you guys the best from Meigs.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

20191008_111645.thumb.jpg.1300e67219b352fa8168b8260bfaa0b9.jpg

Think this is the highest ranked team I've seen our team play as well. At least in the 6 years I've been watching. Wish you guys the best from Meigs.

Thanks, Bud.  Hadn't seen that the Pirates were rated that high by Sonny.  Not sure even the Pirates fans fancy themselves as right there near the top 10 against all classifications(I'd like Baylor's chances against South Pitt).  I guess you will get a chance to test that ranking - good luck to Meigs - got a feeling you will have a really competitive football game Friday night and hoping ours is at least competitive for a half.

2 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Thanks, Bud.  Hadn't seen that the Pirates were rated that high by Sonny.  Not sure even the Pirates fans fancy themselves as right there near the top 10 against all classifications(I'd like Baylor's chances against South Pitt).  I guess you will get a chance to test that ranking - good luck to Meigs - got a feeling you will have a really competitive football game Friday night and hoping ours is at least competitive for a half.

Not sure there will be a better game around this Friday besides our own. One of 2 games I'be looked forward too al year. You never know you may surprise them.

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

Go Rams!!!

Hopefully you don't lose any upcoming players to Baylor, who seems to making a habit of playing the local urban schools.