Maryville at Ooltewah

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know four guys that wouldn't be on my kickoff return team next week if I were the head coach. We made more mistakes than WB and Heritage together in one night and still ended up winning 42-7 somehow. Guess that don't say much for Bradley. Also like to say if your at the 1 yard line and you have a 235 pound running back that is headed to UT for this type situation next year why are we banging our head against the wall to come out of it with an injured QB will all be waiting to see how bad. That one is on the coach right there..

QB is fine 

10 hours ago, TnBear said:

Our QB just wasn't on point. Had alot to do with defenders in his face all night though. 

Biggest positive last night was our defense played a real good game and actually has all season or we would have 2 loses on our record right now due to a barrage of elementary mistakes that have plagued this team since the Bearden game. The kickoff return team watching a live ball just set there waiting on someone from the other team to down it like a punt was enough to make me want to jump off the back of the stadium last night. We get the ball from them deep in their part of the field and the center rolls it back to the QB like it's a watermelon and they recover it back except they did score on that drive which included a very long pass. There were two times last night the defense wasn't in the QB's face and he did make us pay for it but I have no complaints there. We're averaging what I call five big mistakes a game an ordinary Maryville team don't make since the Bearden game but last night we had about fifteen and still come out with a 42-7 game. I know a lot of people would say shut up and enjoy the win but somewhere down the line we're going to pay the piper if we don't get on top of this.

Edited by BarneySox2007

21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Biggest positive last night was out defense played a real good game and actually has all season or we would have 2 loses on our record right now due to a barrage of elementary mistakes that have plagued this team since the Bearden game. The kickoff return team watching a live ball just set there waiting on someone from the other team to down it like a punt was enough to make me want to jump off the back of the stadium last night. We get the ball from them deep in their part of the field and the center rolls it back to the QB like it's a watermelon and they recover it back except they did score on that drive which included a very long pass. There were two times last night the defense wasn't in the QB's face and he did make us pay for it but I have no complaints there. We're averaging what I call five big mistakes a game an ordinary Maryville team don't make since the Bearden game but last night we had about fifteen and still come out with a 42-7 game. I know a lot of people would say shut up and enjoy the win but somewhere down the line we're going to pay the piper if we don't get on top of this.

I think your starting to see the difference from GQ and Hunt. Maryville will always contend for titles with Hunt, but they aren't going to operate with machine-like effiency that GQ had them at

Welp eye uhgree thait thair ere thangs we knead two kleen upp.......Tha kickin' gaim....Bawl security att times....bettur exxycushun etc when'st we cain knock a teem out urrlier inn tha gaim....

Injoy tha winn.....butt all good teems and coaches etc. nevur git satisfied.....

Onn tha plus side #24 haz matured this seesun and iz a werkhorse.......Mairvul throws tha deep bawl bettur this yeer thain enny eye cain reemimburr......Inn paist yeers we wood haiv peepull open and ovurthrow tham.....

And eye know eye keap harpin' onn hit....But #23 iz playin' az good az enny LB eye've seed pull on thait black shert.....:popcorneater:

1 minute ago, STARSNBARS said:

Yep MTF 33-3 iz knott good enuff....:unsure:

To be fair to Hunt, anyone they hired would have been a downgrade, and I mean anyone. George Quarles is the best HS coach this state has ever produced, only a matter of time before he becomes an HC at the college level. Hopefully Maryville finds a way to immortalize his time there whether it being a statue or renaming part of the stadium/field after him