Maryville at Ooltewah

On 10/12/2019 at 10:39 AM, rebelwoman87 said:

Coach Hunt reached 30 wins quicker than any HC we have had at 825 Lawrence. I’m still his biggest fan. I don’t care if the running clock kicks in or not. 

2 Different men but very much alike. GQ was coach mentor and boss for coach Hunt.  Coach Hunt ran a lot of the offense during GQs last couple years at the helm I believe.  We all loved GQ and wish him well in his new role at the next level. He left MARYVILLE in great shape and actually had a plan for the passing of the torch unlike most coaches that just pack n go And to heck with the rest.  Coach Ellis stayed a little longer then he had planned to help with the transition.  That’s the kind of men we have mentoring and coaching our kids. They are not coaches all the time just most of the time. I’ve seen it up close and personal as many others have. We are blessed to have the men and conditions that we have. DH & Co have my full support and trust.

We as MARYVILLE have seen so much success over the years , so many victories so much good solid fundamental football with teams not loaded with “5 star” talent but with well coached disciplined and prepared football players that we take it for granted. We never think about the pressure that we put on the next years team and the next because of our expectations , those  of us that sit in the stands. Like many of you I have watched uncounted amounts of REBEL football and have enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve seen the difference that it has made in my 4 sons lives.  We tend to become very critical of things because we are watching and not playing or coaching. Mistakes are made ie turn overs or hesitation etc. It’s gonna happen we are just fortunate enough to be able to over come them 90% of the time. That’s why they practice. We know these kids but we tend to forget that they are kids on a Friday night. 

Edited by GREYRIDERx

2 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

2 Different men but very much alike. GQ was coach mentor and boss for coach Hunt.  Coach Hunt ran a lot of the offense during GQs last couple years at the helm I believe.  We all loved GQ and wish him well in his new role at the next level. He left MARYVILLE in great shape and actually had a plan for the passing of the torch unlike most coaches that just pack n go And to heck with the rest.  Coach Ellis stayed a little longer then he had planned to help with the transition.  That’s the kind of men we have mentoring and coaching our kids. They are not coaches all the time just most of the time. I’ve seen it up close and personal as many others have. We are blessed to have the men and conditions that we have. DH & Co have my full support and trust.

We as MARYVILLE have seen so much success over the years , so many victories so much good solid fundamental football with teams not loaded with “5 star” talent but with well coached disciplined and prepared football players that we take it for granted. We never think about the pressure that we put on the next years team and the next because of our expectations , those  of us that sit in the stands. Like many of you I have watched uncounted amounts of REBEL football and have enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve seen the difference that it has made in my 4 sons lives.  We tend to become very critical of things because we are watching and not playing or coaching. Mistakes are made ie turn overs or hesitation etc. It’s gonna happen we are just fortunate enough to be able to over come them 90% of the time. That’s why they practice. We know these kids but we tend to forget that they are kids on a Friday night. 

Awesome post. I will add something else. I hope Rebels fans aren't expecting Derek Hunt to go 250 16 in 18 years. That is a lot to ask for. I am behind every coach on that staff and every player. 

6 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I do believe this is your best post ever on the T ! Any Maryville fan who doesn't think we're the luckiest fans in the State doesn't have a Clue . As a fan it's easy to sit there and pick apart individual plays and players ... these are kids ... still growing , still learning . Football is just a small part of Life as a teenager , learning about Life ... Girls ... cars ... friends ... learning in school , grades and thinking about their Future ... whether it be College , Military , WorkForce , or just who they want to be in life . Grown adults judging them for missing a tackle , or forgetting the play , or hesitating is totally Pathetic . I really don't want Coach T to become another Vol-quest where our supposed fans take Glee in attacking our Players , present and past , and Coaches . 

I've got some advice for anyone who thinks they're smarter than all the Coaches we currently have ... Go volunteer and help some of the Awesome Men we have in our Community who have given countless hours to help mold the young Men in our area into not only great Football Players , but also great , Quality Young men who become the Quality men in the Future to guide and influence the next generation . Coach Sentell , Winders , Hunt , both Maples and many more ... these guys make remarkable sacrifices of their time to ensure that by the time these kids get to the High School , they know all about hard work , dedication , respect , team play and unselfishness !!

Coach Quarles is a legend ... he always will be , but anyone who thinks his teams didn't make mistakes during the regular season just doesn't have a clue . All I heard before this season started was negative things ... like our Line is small ... weak ... hasn't improved ... we're gonna get killed by Alcoa ... Well guess what , that tiny , weak line dominated a much bigger Alcoa line , on both sides ... and even without our best Player and other key starters out due to injury for most of this year ... our biggest challenge so far is to not get complacent , avoid anymore key injuries , and continue to get better game to game . I remember many seasons under Coach Quarles where we were very lucky to pull out regular season wins ... Mo West ... Central and Powell many times ... Farragut in 2009 ... Derek Hunt is 2-1 against the winningest coach in Tennessee history ( Rankin ) , he already has a State Championship under his Belt ... and he has an even better Start to his coaching career than Coach Quarles  ... all before his 30th Birthday . Add to the fact that Derek Hunt is the kind of Man that you would want being an influence on any son or daughter , or Grandchild you may have ... A Christian man with amazing Character who I would want as a head Coach shaping these young men's Life , even if we never won another State Championship . 

Edited by pepvol

5 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Excellent post GR.....:thumb:

It's the things these coaches invest in the lives of these kids off the field that will have eternal consequences, that mean the most to this oldie and hopefully to them the older they get.......

https://pilotprepsports.com/2019/08/22/maryville-football-travels-to-costa-rica/

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

I do believe this is your best post ever on the T ! Any Maryville fan who doesn't think we're the luckiest fans in the State doesn't have a Clue . As a fan it's easy to sit there and pick apart individual plays and players ... these are kids ... still growing , still learning . Football is just a small part of Life as a teenager , learning about Life ... Girls ... cars ... friends ... learning in school , grades and thinking about their Future ... whether it be College , Military , WorkForce , or just who they want to be in life . Grown adults judging them for missing a tackle , or forgetting the play , or hesitating is totally Pathetic . I really don't want Coach T to become another Vol-quest where our supposed fans take Glee in attacking our Players , present and past , and Coaches . 

I've got some advice for anyone who thinks they're smarter than all the Coaches we currently have ... Go volunteer and help some of the Awesome Men we have in our Community who have given countless hours to help mold the young Men in our area into not only great Football Players , but also great , Quality Young men who become the Quality men in the Future to guide and influence the next generation . Coach Sentell , Winders , Hunt , both Maples and many more ... these guys make remarkable sacrifices of their time to ensure that by the time these kids get to the High School , they know all about hard work , dedication , respect , team play and unselfishness !!

Coach Quarles is a legend ... he always will be , but anyone who thinks his teams didn't make mistakes during the regular season just doesn't have a clue . All I heard before this season started was negative things ... like our Line is small ... weak ... hasn't improved ... we're gonna get killed by Alcoa ... Well guess what , that tiny , weak line dominated a much bigger Alcoa line , on both sides ... and even without our best Player and other key starters out due to injury for most of this year ... our biggest challenge so far is to not get complacent , avoid anymore key injuries , and continue to get better game to game . I remember many seasons under Coach Quarles where we were very lucky to pull out regular season wins ... Mo West ... Central and Powell many times ... Farragut in 2009 ... Derek Hunt is 2-1 against the winningest coach in Tennessee history ( Rankin ) , he already has a State Championship under his Belt ... and he has an even better Start to his coaching career than Coach Quarles  ... all before his 30th Birthday . Add to the fact than Derek Hunt is the kind of Man that you would want being an influence on any son or daughter , or Grandchild you may have ... A Christian man with amazing Character who I would want as a head Coach shaping these young men's Life , even if we never won another State Championship . 

Absolutely! Great post Pep!