Maryville at Ooltewah

41 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

The visitors stands will be full. Maryville travels well. It doesn’t matter if we were going to a checkers game. 

Ooltewah visitor side seats 1,060 people exactly so everyone can be the judge for themselves if we travel well or not but that wasn't my argument. If the schools think a streamed game hurts attendance then why not charge more and make up for the gate loss. Most people would pay $25 in a heartbeat and that isn't to much to ask for either to get out of driving two plus hours and the same coming back not to have that kind of wasted time on the road especially if they work the next day. Most people don't work bankers hours and can't make the trip because it's not feasible to get off work here at 5 and drive like a bat out of hello to get there. MHS should do their own TV, charge a fair price like I mentioned split the gate with the other team and everyone has a choice. 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Ooltewah visitor side seats 1,060 people exactly so everyone can be the judge for themselves if we travel well or not but that wasn't my argument. If the schools think a streamed game hurts attendance then why not charge more and make up for the gate loss. Most people would pay $25 in a heartbeat and that isn't to much to ask for either to get out of driving two plus hours and the same coming back not to have that kind of wasted time on the road especially if they work the next day. Most people don't work bankers hours and can't make the trip because it's not feasible to get off work here at 5 and drive like a bat out of hello to get there. MHS should do their own TV, charge a fair price like I mentioned split the gate with the other team and everyone has a choice. 

It’s only $9.99 a month and the school gets a portion of that plus the necessary software and etc.My understanding is the High School audio/video department runs it thus the students are learning.

1 hour ago, Vafans said:

It’s only $9.99 a month and the school gets a portion of that plus the necessary software and etc.My understanding is the High School audio/video department runs it thus the students are learning.

I realize what the price is because I subscribe to it and have for years. To be honest with you I haven't even watched the first time this year because I've been to busy but it seemed like last year one of the announcers was someone who had played at Maryville in the past but I may be mistaken but didn't realize it was through the school completely. The best broadcast I have seen were from William Blount and Cleveland High in the past, not sure now.  Just hate the game is that far away and very predictable at this point. Some schools have began to deny streaming because of thoughts of losing gate but they maybe should do more exploring into it as another revenue stream. As I mentioned earlier some people can't go because of distance or work. I also know a lot of people that can't attend anymore because their just to old to climb stadium steps any longer. Some live a out of town and can't keep up unless it is streamed. All I know is when I get old and can't go I don't want to be at home hugged up to a radio.

34 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Hey Maryville Big Gal! There will be touchdown cookies tomorrow night. I want to see you and Mama Stars fight over them. My money is on Mama :popcorneater:

Sarry rw87 eye cain't speak fer tha MBG.......Butt if'un hit envolves food Momma iz undefeeted, untide, and unscorton.....:popcorneater:

Momma wuz a goodur rassler inn hur yungur daze upp on Perm Hil att tha amoree.....Butt nothin' cain maitch hur eatin' abillitees......:wub:

Related image

Edited by STARSNBARS